Under Review Navigating between forum and wiki

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by MSPeconomist, Apr 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just as there are buttons at the top of fora to access the associated wiki, there should be a way to return easily to the forum's list of threads in a single click without having either to go "home" to the main forum list or to use the quick forum list with the angled arrow. (I just tried this with Starwood and assume the other fora/wikis are structured the same way and have the same problem when one wants to go back from the wiki.)

2. CdnTraveller
    Original Member

CdnTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I usually just open the wiki in a new tab, then I'm still where I was at in the forums, and there aren't any navigation problems.

MSPeconomist likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    That can work if you're already expecting that there won't be an easy path back, but for new users it's asking a bit much. Also, it's not good to have too many windows open simultaneously (which I usually do already).

4. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestion MSP. I see that in some cases the links have been added within the content, which is a quick and easy way to add the link, though I understand you are probably looking for something a bit more obvious.

I'm not sure if we'll do this, but I'll put it on the list for review.

MSPeconomist likes this.
  5. CdnTraveller
    Original Member

CdnTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah ha... I, on the other hand currently, have about 8 different tabs open right now (using Firefox at work, but do the same with Chrome at home) -- probably got in the habit at home where my internet is lousy, so I let something load in one tab while reading something in another one.

MSPeconomist likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tend to do the same, except I also use Chrome and IE in my office but now almost exclusively Chrome on my laptop. I have a lot more than eight windows open now and periodically I need to go back and close a bunch or restate the computer when it starts to show signs of not liking how many tabs I have open.

CdnTraveller likes this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes indeed I was thinking of a button at the top, roughly where the wiki button appears on the forum list of threads. Adding a link at the top of the wiki's content would still be an improvement, especially if it were done consistently in the same position on all of the wikis.

Thanks.

8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have never had the issue with Chrome - and what I have started doing is having 1 window only and that is the What's New window - easy peeasy! :)

MSPeconomist likes this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll try to keep a window open whenever I want either to read something more carefully later or to take the time to think more before responding to something. Also, I tend to click on links to news stories, etc., which I don't want to read immediately, if ever.