Nat'l Rental Car Executive Status

Discussion in 'Premium Membership' started by AttorneyVin, Oct 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. AttorneyVin

AttorneyVin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry if this has been posted already, as I am relatively new here. Much like the Thread about the Hilton status and its effective dates, what will the effective dates of the Executive Status be? If I claim that award at this time, will it just last until 02/2014 when the status re-ups, or will it also go until 02/2015?
    Forgive me for the newbie question, I am just unfamiliar with the Elite Status at National and want to make sure that I get the most benefit as I may not be renting much until after the first of the year. Thanks!

2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, as you inferred, National status works like Airline status. You get the remainder of the year in which you earn status and all of the next, through Feb of the 3rd year. National Exec status "earned" through P2 is the same way, so it should be valid through 2/15.

3. AttorneyVin

Status Points:
    great, thank you so very much for the info on this!
    can anyone who has achieved this status via premier membership confirm that it is good until 02/2015 like hilton?

4. papapit2

papapit2 Member

Status Points:
    just checked my Nat Acct and I can confirm that my membership purchased via Mile Point is valid till 2-28-15

jbcarioca and Randy Petersen like this.
  5. AttorneyVin

Status Points:
    That is great to hear -- how long did it take to appear?
    I am still waiting for my account to upgrade...

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. AttorneyVin

Status Points:
    Anyone having a problem with this?
    I have contacted National multiple times and they say that MilePoint has never reported my status upgrade???

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Sorry about any confusion here. We actually work with their marketing department and not their customer service. Contacting them yourself may not help unless you're about to get your status in the next day or so anyway.

They had an issue with some submissions at the end of October which was already corrected, but it just means it will be longer to process. I've been communicating with my contact there regularly to make sure everything is as it should be. I've actually sent your information to them yesterday to make sure.

Hopefully you will get that upgrade very soon.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Does it show you're upgraded now?

Randy Petersen likes this.
  9. AttorneyVin

Status Points:
    Yes, thank you so very much; I got an e-mail from National today indicating that the upgrade had gone through. Thank you so very much for your help!

Mark and Randy Petersen like this.