Nationwide Visa Buxx Prepaid Card - $50 Bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by tinystarr, Aug 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tinystarr

tinystarr Member

Status Points:
    Just received this by tweet from another blogger -

There is a Nationwide Bank Buxx Card promotion for a $50 bonus using offer code 02010059 when you sign up for a new Buxx Card.
    When you sign up, the initial load has to be a minimum of $25 to get the $50 bonus automatically loaded on card. You load using a debit card or credit card. They charge $2 to load plus a potential $5 account set up fee so there’s a $43 profit from this promotional offer. You don’t have to be member of nationwide bank.

I just signed up myself and it only took about 15 minutes. This is an easy way to get $43 so hurry and sign up while this offer lasts.

How to Claim This Offer:

• Go to the Visa Buxx page and click Enroll
    • Follow the steps to create an account
    • Once you finish making an account, click on the “Add New Teen” Tab
    • Use any information to “add a teen.” You can just use your own social security number again to add a teen.
    • When you come to the box that asks your for a promo code, use the code: 02010059
    • Make an initial load of at least $25
    • Wait 5 to 7 business days for your Buxx card with a $50 bonus to arrive in the mail
    • Again, Visa Buxx Cards are offering a $50 bonus when you load a new card with at least $25 and use the promotional code 02010059 when adding a teen. The only minor setback is a $2 fee for loading a card and a potential $5 account set up fee, but otherwise this is a great, simple offer that’s worth $43! It’ll only take a few moments of your time so hurry and sign up today."
    Good luck guys!

marcwint55, sobore and iolaire like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    DO NOT USE THE SAME ADDRESS FOR MORE THAN ONE CARD. I did this with my wife and they only awarded one bonus. Citibank also charged a $25.00 cash advance fee and $1.16 in interest, with no points credited for using their card to load the Buxx card.

MX likes this.
  3. My wife and I each got one of these cards, at the same adress, with no problems. Chase treated it as a purchase, not a cash advance, no fees, no interest. And both cards have received the $50 bonus. (The cards were acquired on the same day, but the bonusses arrived 10 days apart, so be patient.) A nice deal.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it easy/possible to close a Buxx account, or will it keep reloading indefinitely?
    Are there any closing fees?

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. You get to choose whether to reload the card. You can load it once, spend the money, and you are done. Later, you can decide to reload it, or you can set up a schedule to automatically reload it. Your choice. It is very flexible.

marcwint55 likes this.
  6. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never use Citi with this kind of thing. Every transaction on a Citi card from a financial institution that I've ever seen has been treated as a cash advance.

marcwint55 likes this.
  7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I found out the hard way on this one.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  8. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    only one bonus, so I called Nationwide and they said that they are now checking addresses and only one per address.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  9. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just signed up. We'll report how it goes.

Any experience with signing up multiple teens with different addresses, and get more than one bonus?

10. tinystarr

tinystarr Member

Status Points:
    IMHO, that should be fine. I only got one card but after reading marcwint55 comments above that only one bonus per address, I would be careful to get the second card on the same address. In your case, its separate address so it should be fine.

11. sean82tf

sean82tf Member

Status Points:
    I signed up with the same address and haven't received the second bonus yet. Only one so far and I signed up on 8/9/2012. The bonus posted on the first card on 8/24.

12. phuucnguyen

phuucnguyen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool, I got my bonus, time to rinse and reapeat.

13. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    how do you withdraw the money? by spending? can you cash it out somehow? or send it to yourself on serve or amazon?

14. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    .....and where do you enter the promo code?

15. americanindian

americanindian Active Member

Status Points:
    promotion code invalid..........no longer working i guess

16. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Signed up 8/29, received the card 9/6 and activated right away. I still haven't seen the bonus yet :(