National executive status

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by martinus, Aug 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. martinus

martinus Active Member

Status Points:
    How long will it take before I can see my national status was changed to executive status?

yossi155 likes this.
  2. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    6-8 weeks according to the other threads where people have asked.

yossi155 and gleff like this.
  3. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    If y'all are referring to the milepoint premium membership offer of National Emerald Club Executive Status, which your mp Avatar badges suggest you might be, be advised they told me to expect 8 - 12 weeks.

Here is the snail-mail form that was enclosed with the FlyStrong baggage tag I also ordered with my premium membership.

milepoint.jpg

(If you are however referring to a more general upgrade to National's Executive Status - for renting so many cars during the year - I wouldn't know.)

jpz and 2soonold like this.
  4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    If done the normal way by actually renting cars it will show ( at the very least on your on-line status listing) within days of the qualifying rental posting.

5. Sil747

Sil747 Silver Member

Status Points:
    what did you all check off on the National for insurance coverage for Europe and U.S. I didn't know what to fill in so didn't submit my registration

6. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Experts recommend a quick call to your insurance company and finding out what your coverage is for rental cars (at home and abroad) on your own coverage, and then based on what you are told making an informed decision of whether you want the coverage. With mine, I am covered in the U.S. and have some coverage from my credit cards as well, so when enrolling in Emerald Club years ago, told National to decline it. (Have no idea what I told 'em about Europe as I haven't rented a car abroad since 1974, and don't plan to start now.)

Some rental companies have been known to put pressure on folks when they try to decline. I've never had that experience with National, and if the choice is already pre-coded in your profile, I would think pressure by a local clerk would be even less likely.

jpz likes this.
  7. martinus

martinus Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!!

8. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I normally decline all coverage (and I suggest you do the same) since domestic coverage is provided by just about all credit cards you are likely to use and at no additional cost.

Intenationally is a bit different since some credit cards .Amex for example does not provide rental car coverage in a number of countries. In fact Diners is the only CC I know which provides primary insurance in just about every-where in the world and is just about the only reason to retain that card.

sobore and 2soonold like this.
  9. Bigcountry
    Original Member

Bigcountry Silver Member

Status Points:
    what if I'm already Executive- what happens when I redeem the membership?

bez7 likes this.
  10. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree, you will need a special insurance card for driving in Mexico or Canada. Check with your insurance company prior to travel, most provide coverage and will send you the 'proof of insurance card'.

11. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    kansaskeith, post
    Some rental companies have been known to put pressure on folks when they try to decline. I've never had that experience with National, and if the choice is already pre-coded in your profile, I would think pressure by a local clerk would be even less likely.

Not really a problem since in the Executive Aisle, you just go to your car, load up and show the paperwork at the booth. No one has ever spoken to me about insurance at all.