National Donut Day - 6/3/2011

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by misman, Jun 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Krispy Kreme is once again giving each guest who visits a participating location on National Doughnut Day (June 3, 2011) one FREE doughnut of any variety. No purchase is necessary to redeem the offer.

The free doughnut offer is good for one doughnut of any variety per customer at participating U.S. and Canadian Krispy Kreme retail shops. Visit our store locator page at KrispyKreme.comto find a participating Krispy Kreme location near you.

Junca, sobore and jmrich1432 like this.
  2. Spring101

Spring101 Active Member

Status Points:
    Dunkin Donuts has its own deal but it requires the purchase of a beverage to get your free donut

3. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The KK product is far superior to DD!

sobore and SC Flier like this.
  4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    no doubt, especially as DD doesn't make any of it's donuts at the stores anymore.

KK can be very sweet (too sweet IMO), KK's can't compare to the awesome plain cake donuts produced at some independent bake shops.

Most KK's have closed in the Chicagoland area but there is still one that I know of, thanks for posting misman:)

jmrich1432 likes this.
  5. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree completely! IMO there is nothing better than a freshly-made cake donut (preferably made with sour cream)! A bad donut is BAD though, so if I'm not familair with the area at least I know KK is going to be good. Especially if that "Hot Now" sign is glowing!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    getting very tough to find:(

jmrich1432 likes this.
  7. Take.me.away

Take.me.away Active Member

Status Points:
    I did not put two and two together that DD was not making the donuts in the store, but had been "turning my nose up" at the thought of DD for quite some time. They just didn't taste good like they used to... Many of the KK by me have closed so on the rare occasion I want a good donut I try to find a little mom and pop "hole" in the wall (pun intended) ;)

Sweet Willie and jmrich1432 like this.