Nashville, TN for 1 night -- which downtown hotel to choose?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by TheBeerHunter, Apr 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I've got a business trip to Nashville coming up. Since I've never been before I decided to go a day early so I can check out downtown.

My interests are mostly sightseeing -- museums, parks, etc. though I might check out a music venue downtown. I'd also like to sample some barbeque.

With that in mind, I'm trying to decide between PC hotels:

Hotel Indigo Music Row (West End);
    Hotel Indigo Union Street;
    and Holiday Inn Express Downtown on Broadway.

I'm leaning towards the HIX as it's closest to Jacks BBQ (which I've read good things about) but I'm interested in feedback on all three properties. Which is the best hotel for exploring the downtown area on foot?

marcwint55 and flyingdawg like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thought I would throw in another option: Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt

A decent option but nothing to get excited about. Consistency, great front desk staff, very good location.
    Everything is very clean and orderly. Shuttle service to Broadway street. Walking distance to many shops and restaurants.

3. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, I hadn't considered that one as it "looked" too far from Jack's based on the online map, but it's actually just 2 miles away -- entirely walkable. Dang, now you've added a fourth one to my list to pick from.... Thanks. ;)

flyingdawg and sobore like this.
  4. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    Vanderbilt took great care of me as well. Great location for the Nashville Parthenon if you really want to confuse your vacation photos.

flyingdawg and TheBeerHunter like this.
  5. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone have experience with the Holdiay Inn Express in downtown Nashville? I have a week long stay coming up there soon and would like to know what to expect.

6. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    This property is in the center of downtown and is located on Broadway just 5 or 6 blocks west of the entertainment district. The hotel is only 3 blocks from the new convention center. The hotel has an old outer shell, but is newly remodeled throughout. The lobby area was completing its renovation during my stay last week. There is a surface parking lot and a garage below the hotel. (I don't the parking cost as it was part of my per-negotiated rate.) I did not notice any available street parking. The gym is well equipped will 4 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, free weights, ect. The breakfast area was well stocked every morning and the crowds were significant. The staff did an excellent job making sure all items were replenished quickly. The rooms were newly renovated as well with a fridge and microwave. The beds are a little firmer than I am use to, but not really complaining - just different than Starwoods and Hyatts where I normally lay my head. Overall a very good stay. I would recommend this property.

7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you like BBQ do not miss Jack's. I would fly there just for the ribs.

guinnessxyz likes this.
  8. SpringBreak13

SpringBreak13 Active Member

Status Points:
    Parking at HIX downtown is $20/night according their website.
    Does anybody know if there is a lower cost option around, especially on weekends?