Nashville bound

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Dmh12011, Apr 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dmh12011

Dmh12011 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am brand new to this travel points and miles. My husband and I are planning on heading to the Nashville/Murfreesboro TN area next month. Where can I find th best deals on hotels? Also, if I do the negotiator deal on Priceline, do I get credit for staying through the hotel rewards program? Any help would b appreciated

misman likes this.
  2. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint! Booking through Priceline will not get you any stay credits. What program are you looking at? What are you looking for in a hotel?

3. Dmh12011

Dmh12011 Active Member

Status Points:
    My brother says the doubletree or embassy suites are the nicest. What is the best wat to maximize my stay and points?

4. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    What do you mean by maximizing my stay and points?

5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP Dmh12011!

6. Dmh12011

Dmh12011 Active Member

Status Points:
    I recently received the Hilton Visa. The points have not been credited to my account. I am assuming we will be paying but wonder how to get the best rate while racking up points.

7. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    A little bit of leg work is involved. Usually I check the rates of the property on Hotels.com, Priceline or any discount site you feel can save you money. I then compare the rate on the discount site vs. the rate at the hotel's website.
    If I am not receiving hotel points booking through a third party site, but saving say $25 a night, I forego the points to save the money. So it all depends how you use / value the points in making your decision.

8. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    Holiday Inn Express at BNA is currently on the Priority Club Pointsbreaks hotel list. 5000 points a night if available. there is info on how to acquire points rather easily and also a pointsbreak thread in the priority club thread, i believe. sign up for travelzoo weekly emails, as well.

Blue Skye likes this.
  9. Dmh12011

Dmh12011 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all the ideas. Will a hotel match a price from Orbitz or Expedia?

10. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
  11. Dmh12011

Dmh12011 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Kathln Jax. Just completed the sign up and will ready up on their best rate guarantee. Very helpful!

12. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    i recently stayed at this hotel on a point breaks, and was quite satisfied with the quality, location etc. free breakfasts and internet, plus comfy rooms work for me. Nashville is really quite easy to get around in by car, too. while the locals may complain about rush hour or the like, compared to DC or NYC, their traffic is not even close. ;)

mrredskin likes this.
  13. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    haven't experienced NYC traffic, and vaguely remember dad driving in DC traffic, but it is tame compared to Boston, ATL, and LA, as well. glad it worked out well for you.