Napolitano's Future: Airline Passengers Can Keep Shoes On

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Sep 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Napolitano's Future: Airline Passengers Can Keep Shoes On:)

[​IMG]

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano sees the future of American air travel and it is full of passengers who are allowed to keep their shoes on through security.

"We are moving towards an intelligence and risk-based approach to how we screen," Napolitano said today, according to POLITICO, at an event sponsored by the news organization. "I think one of the first things you will see over time is the ability to keep your shoes on. One of the last things you will [see] is the reduction or limitation on liquids."

Airports began demanding passengers remove their shoes for a separate scan after convicted terrorist Richard Reid unsuccessfully attempted to set off explosives hidden in his shoes during a transatlantic flight in December 2001.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/napolitanos-future-airline-passengers-shoes/story?id=14457655

JohnDeere19, Kalboz and mht_flyer like this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I bet this will take a while to implement this change, but it is welcomed and will take some hassle away from the screening process.

goalie and uggboy like this.
  3. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    While I agree with you 100%, there's a part of me that is waiting to see this first as I have just a "tad of distrust" of the TSA...

[​IMG]

canucklehead likes this.
  4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good side - you will be able to keep your shoes on
    Bad side - you will continue to use a kippie bag

Next announcement
    Good side - they will get rid of the nudie scanners
    Bad side - passengers will now walk through nudie (but with shoes on!) :p

5. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Really, big deal!! TSA will still continue to humiliate, harass and abuse the travelling public, with scope creep out to daily life across the US. They'll continue to ignore/bypass the Constitution and people's rights and they will get away with it.

This is a distraction to the overall fight ... people will be so happy they got SOMETHING, they will ignore all the other things that will not change and likely will just get worse.

So yippee, I get to keep my shoes on! :rolleyes:

dc3 likes this.