mysteries of tsa precheck

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by riceoven, Apr 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    Back when I used to fly delta exclusively as a diamond and they began testing tsa precheck, I signed up (without having global entry or any trusted traveler number) and was getting prechecked 100% of the time when I flew. Now I'm flying more United as a 1K, I have since signed up for global entry and added my passid to my precheck opt in, and I'm getting 3 beeps at the airport about only 20% of the time!! What happened? Am I just suddenly having really bad luck? I fly weekly, so this isn't an occasional thing.

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does the name in your United account EXACTLY match what's in GOES/Precheck? That's usually it... although the 20% would suggest it's working sometimes. You can always have the United ticket agent check, too, to see if it's been entered/coded right.

dc_traveler likes this.
  3. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I still get precheck once in a blue moon so it does work. Does anyone know if checking in last minute, paper vs electronic tickets, making changes to your flight last minute or anything like that have an effect on precheck?

4. dc_traveler
    Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a similar problem to the one Mike described. My name in my AA account matched the GOES/Precheck exactly but my travel agent did not match, so every time I used the travel agent I failed to get precheck. I had the travel agent fix which seems to have solved the problem.