MyPoints microsurveys

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by clscholes, Sep 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you have the MyPoints app on your phone, it is spitting out 50 point surveys at a rapid rate right now...to the point I have gotten around 2000 miles worth in less than 30 minutes...worth a shot if you have some time to kill...

2. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...And the fun is over...they must have fixed it...;)

uggboy likes this.
  3. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    ....And it's back on. They are microsurveys about the direction of stocks...takes less than a minute to fill out, and is worth 50 points apiece. As soon as you fill one out, submit it, another one shows up...so in 15 minutes, at only one a minute (and you could do 2)...that is around 350 miles worth (750 MyPoints)...so you could get close to 1000 points in a 30 minute setting if you have nothing to do...

free101girl likes this.
  4. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    They are also points that can be redeemed for gift cards, etc.

5. free101girl
    Original Member

free101girl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't even know MyPoints had an app. Just downloaded it and got two 50-point general "about you" surveys that were fairly long. I can also see a 200-point and 75-point survey but it says they are not available in my location. None of the stock surveys you mentioned have popped up. Since the survey section of the app is location-based, this seems to be a YMMV situation. But thanks for making me aware that there is an app!

6. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    They will pop up after a while and seemingly infrequently. However, when they do, attack! Have fun!

free101girl likes this.
  7. als66208

als66208 Active Member

Status Points:
    Can you trade in MyPoints for United miles? Or, is it just gift cards?

8. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    5700 MyPoints = 2500 UA, and 11,100 = 5000 UA

als66208 likes this.
  9. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
  10. free101girl
    Original Member

free101girl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never got the surveys you mentioned, by the way. Clearly they are location-based. Guess it helps to live in certain places!

11. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it may have been a glitch...however, it took several weeks before they started showing on my phone. They are gone for me as well.

12. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are in my area (MCI) the microsurveys are back at 50 points a pop for less than a minute, and they refresh automatically. Location may vary for survey availability...

13. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    L
    Like everything else the ratio used to be better. I find getting Marriott GCs to be a much better deal and the $75 GC works out alittle less per pt then the $100 but not by much.

I based it wanting a free domestic saver tkt, that needs 55,500 in pts, yet those same pts will give me just under $500 in Marriott GCs

clscholes likes this.
  14. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I definitely agree that the point value isn't great, but it is easy to be consistent without doing much work. I have only used it for 3 months or so, and just by watching for the big point surges, or taking advantage of "bonus" offers (5 dollars for 5000 MyPoints on a games site, which works out to just under 2200 miles at about .0023 cents per mile?) I have redeemed 5,000 miles and have enough points for 2 100 dollar Marriott GC's with less than 20 dollars invested.

15. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    One trick someone suggested for mypoints surveys (and erewards and the like) was to fill out htat you were under age every time and you would get rejected and the minor ammount of points for about 10 seconds of work.

16. wedeals

wedeals New Member

Status Points:
    i have some accounts with >50000points/account, but i cant redeem for amazon or walmart gift card!

help me, i share proffit!
    i dont want get paypal cash! so im trying redeem for amazon gift card!