Myanmar visa in KL!!

Discussion in 'Asia' started by estnet, Oct 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    these are no longer issued from the embassy. There's a new location which is much easier to get to by public transportation. This started on October 14th, but the Embassy website was not updated.

I was lucky that I asked a question at my hotel and the concierge had to call the embassy so I was given the correct information.

dannyjacob and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where is the new location, since the website wasn't updated, would you care to elaborate here on MP. I'm sure many would be very interested.
    Do we need an appointment and how long do they need to hand out the visas and at what cost? Any passport photos needed for the visas?

MX likes this.
  3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    • location: No. 19-21 M-Floor, Jalan Tun Perak, (LRT JAlan Masjid Jarmek), 50000 Kuala Lumpur , tel. 03 2026 4075, 03 2026 4076, 03 2026 4077; email: myac (@) diamondpalace.
    Sign outside says evergreen travel, but entry is throuh Happy Hotel, then go to M floor. It is directly across from Macdonalds if you leave the LRT station it is a 30 second walk

Cost is 140 ringitts and you can collect same day - apply before noon and u can pick up after 4. You need application, 2 passport photos with WHITE backround and copies of passport page and travel itinerary. There is a photo service there so even if your photo has a blue background they will change it for 10 ringitts!

There appear to be no limits on number of visas issued each day (as I have read there is in bangkok). I arrived around noon and could have picked up visa that afternoon, but didn't want to wait so got it the next day.

uggboy likes this.
  4. yellowcup

yellowcup New Member

Status Points:
    Do it online at evisaasia .. No hassle of queuing up.

uggboy likes this.
  5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Costs twice as much, takes 2 - 4 weeks, no so good for people who need their passport in the their possession all the time, so IF you are in KL and have an hour or two it is easy to get visa the same day and also see interesting local shopping and eating areas that aren't megamalls!
    Of course if you aren't in KL there are a variety of places online that offer visa on arrival (for a fee) I felt a lot better having it in my hands after only a few hours b/c I also knew there was NO problem with the visa since so many hotels have onerous cancellation policies.

uggboy likes this.