My USAir and my AA accounts are already combined.

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by miles and smiles, Mar 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm impressed with how quickly they are doing this.
    When I go to the USAir site, I have to log in using my AA account info.

tondoleo, YULtide, Sammich and 7 others like this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    My account it messed up. I received an email filled with gibberish this morning, with no intelligible words, just machine direct output of some sort. I also had to make a reservation and found that i no longer can access either the AA or US sites, both not recognising my credentials. I called and the AA desk found my reservations and helped me make modifications I needed. I presume that will be sorted out during the weekend. I am a trifle concerned...I'm fearing a CO/UA situation. Oh well, it will work out in the end...

3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    My accounts are merged ok. Need Susan to figure out her password so I can check on how her non linked accounts are.

4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing worked for me on the US or AA sites yesterday, error messages were received on either the websites or through the apps. Today, all is well, and both sites show my merged miles account. :)

It's likely best from now on to simply use the AA website, and simply stop using the US website. It's sad to see another "legacy airline" completely gone, but I'm also (finally!) looking forward to using my combined miles on AA flights (hopefully) without any glitches. :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  5. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    Both my daughters and my accounts have merged, with a few little oddities.
    Tay's account RDM's and EQM's transfered correctly, but she has a couple of different million miler balances :)

Upgrades for next week cleared with no intervention required, however, neither of us received an email.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    tondoleo, Newscience, YULtide and 2 others like this.
  6. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm surprised at how fast this was done with minimal errors.

EQM transferred, status, as well as MM balance etc. All done without problems. Impressive, AA.

7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update: After three attempts to reach somebody to fix my credentials problem without success I switched to the CK desk. Now with two escalations I am on hold as they try to figure out what has happened. The latest guess from one tech is that my balances passed 10,000,000 miles during the process (they can see my accounts but cannot even see my failed attempts. We shall see.

iolaire, tondoleo, Newscience and 3 others like this.
  8. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update 2: I am in! The solution was suitably bizarre. I had to login to aa.com using my Dividend Miles number and aa.com credentials. I now have access. There are apparently a fair number of people with this problem and a fix is probably going in tonight, they said.
    Further news: Many of the codeshare flights between US/AA for earlier this week have not yet posted, but will probably do so the middle of next week.

Very helpful people and an intriguing glitch, speaking as somebody who's participated in far too many large conversions.

tondoleo, Newscience, YULtide and 3 others like this.
  9. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    My EQPs seem to be a bit off as well.

jbcarioca, Newscience and tondoleo like this.
  10. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I expect this is a situation in which patience (on our part) will be beneficial. Considering there are about 100 million accounts, glitches should be expected.

jbcarioca, Newscience and tondoleo like this.
  11. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only problem I had was that with the addition of the last name to login, it leaves off the last letter.

jbcarioca and Newscience like this.
  12. Abidjan

Abidjan Silver Member

Status Points:
    All good here, as of this afternoon.

13. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got the email this morning, logged in and everything is perfect. Nice to see the combined balance total. I sure won't be having any trouble switching to award tix after re-qualifying for EXP later this year. :)