My US and AA Accounts Were Not Merged

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by photog72, Mar 30, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. photog72
    Original Member

photog72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The former US account was created for AA and given a new AAdvantage #. My AA account is sitting like it was. Where do I go to merge them? Did I miss the merge e-mail? Both accounts have the same mailing address, same name, same phone... pretty much same everything. I don't want the new account #, I want my old AA #.

daninstl, jbcarioca and sendaiben like this.
  2. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. I was expecting to be contacted to merge the accounts, but nothing. Tried looking on the websites too, but couldn't find a merger page.

Hate to say it, but the United/Continental merger was a bit more polished than this... :eek:

3. photog72
    Original Member

photog72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even the WN and FL had a smooth merger of FF accounts.

daninstl and jbcarioca like this.
  4. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you guys enter your AA account on the US page before the 21st?

A week before the merger date (28th) they removed the form to process the merging.

daninstl, jbcarioca and MX like this.
  5. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    The two accounts must have same name, "title" before the name, email, and DOB before they can be linked and merged. The address does not matter. It would've been easier to link them before the merger, as @Sammich stated, but an agent should be able to do it now as well.

6. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    The merger is happening in phases. If you did not link your accounts in recent months when the option to link accounts was made available, then it will take longer to merge your accounts. Remember they have about 100 million accounts to merge. My accounts were linked months ago and my accounts were merged last weekend without my doing anything.

Counsellor, daninstl, Sammich and 2 others like this.
  7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure how much more "polished" you want it to be. If one logged into either their AA or US account ...for what two months now? the necessary info was right in front of you on the first page giving specific instructions how to accomplish this.

And all this begs the question presumably you were aware that the merger was going to happen soon and believe it or not there is a thread on this very AA board (and also on FT) started Jan 10, 2015 announcing this.
    It hard not to draw the conclusion that the merging of accounts was not too high priority for some.:)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  8. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Emails were also sent to accounts In both programs.

swazzie, Counsellor, daninstl and 3 others like this.
  9. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife's were not merged. We made a quick attempt on the last day possible and also after the merge via some link found on maybe the US account's AA membership page and both didn't work. So I emailed customer service (in her name) providing the data and asked them to merge them. She has not yet heard back.

daninstl, Sammich and jbcarioca like this.
  10. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah you had to go through the merger sign in process awhile back. They did sent out emails and urge you to do it on the log in page.

Sammich likes this.
  11. AAdam_flyer

AAdam_flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you failed to link your US Airways and AAdvantage account prior to March 21st, then you will most likely now have 2 AAdvantage accounts. The option to link accounts was available for about two months.

Regardless, if you contact AAdvantage support they will be able to merge your two AAdvantage accounts into one. So just reach out and they will merge your new one into your older account.

12. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can probably guess I don't spend a lot of time on the AA or USAir websites ;)

I contacted customer services and they just merged my accounts today. So well done, new AA :D

AAdam_flyer and photog72 like this.
  13. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear that it worked out for you. As one who went through the UA/CO merger, I can't imagine anything being executed as poorly as that.

timfrost likes this.
  14. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife has now received the email that the accounts will be merged in 2-3 days.

15. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my case I did a manual linking, and it was very specific, address and everything needed to match for me or it said something was not right. Mine was finally merged this week and it was perfect.

iolaire likes this.
  16. photog72
    Original Member

photog72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    A simple phone call took care of my merge issues. :)