My two experiences with UA and the 1K desk since the merger

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Mar 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have had flights booked with UA for a trip to Croatia, one flight is with LH from FRA to ZAG. Have had minor sched changes over the past 3/4 months and other slight problems which have all been corrected by UA. The last change was about a week ago, apparently UA did not send the re-issued ticket to LH and LH cancelled the flight. Luckly I check my PNR's daily or I would not have know this until I arrived in FRA for the connecting flight. Called the 1k desk and was assisted by one of the nicest agents I have ever dealt with, she was friendly, concerned about the cancelled flight and assured me that the problem would be resolved. Was on hold with her for about 45 minutes while it was straightened out, also had to be re-booked in a higher class of service to guarantee that I would get my miles for it. I have just booked my first flight for 2013, this will take place in Jan. I found flights from SEA to IAD to FRA and then from OPT back to SEA which would allow me immediately to use to 2GPU's. Booked the flights but then when I went to choose the seats, I could not do it. Called the 1K desk and again a most helpful agent. Pleasant and helpful, she said she would have to do it manually, she was a pre UA agent and she said it would take a little while as she was still learning SHARES, however there was an agent that was helping out who was from CO and could help take care of the problem. About 25 minutes later, all seats were assigned. I had no problem waiting on the phone, the two agents I interacted with were great. I am very happy with the outcome. I think that for the time being, all of us should present a positive attitude until the problems are worked out with the new UA, we would better serve ourselves and most of all the people that are trying to serve us.

2. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I have cumulatively spent 5 hours on the phone with the 1K desk, for multiple issues - some show-stoppers, some minor during the last month. I'm all for presenting a positive attitude, but I'm more for flying an airline that has it's "stuff" together and that respects my time, and that's exactly what I'm doing as of today.

estnet likes this.
  3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well so much for a positive attitude with a dab of snide :p.

I called the 1K Desk five times in the last few days to make Reward changes, get some e-tickets issued pronto so I don't have to keep checking since there's limited internet access for me here in the Cook Islands, and to upgrade my parents to BusinessFirst and I'm happy to report other than the minimal hold times on average of 30 minutes per call total that the 1K Desk has been pretty good to me this week.

sfo1 likes this.
  4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really think, most everyone at UA is trying to do their utmost to satifsy us, the passengers, the company they work for, it is a difficult time for them, this is not the merger of two little mom and pop businesses but two huge, huge companies and it does take time for everything to meld into one smooth operation.

sfogate and Flyer1976 like this.