My Starwood Preferred Guest Points Have Already Expired, or Have Been Forfeited. What Do I Do Next?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Canarsie, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you find that the Starwood Preferred Guest points in your account have already expired, try contacting a representative of Starwood Preferred Guest to reinstate your points. You might be able to negotiate earning back at least some of your expired Starwood Preferred Guest points.

Hopefully those Starwood Preferred Guest members who have experienced this dilemma first-hand will impart their experiences here to help those who are also facing this dilemma.
    For those who are wondering, there was a time within the past few years where there was no activity in my Starwood Preferred Guest frequent guest loyalty program account until I stayed at a Starwood Preferred Guest property approximately a week past the expiration date, but they were not forfeited and my account stayed intact.
    Thank you in advance to those milepoint.com members who post in this discussion to answer those who will ask that inevitable question that is the topic of this discussion.

2. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had HHonors points expire a few years back when I went through a period of non-travel and was not yet a Miles and Points Disciple. I contacted them and asked them to reinstate my account. They allowed full points recovery at the rate of 5,000 points reinstated per stay. I was able to get back everything I forfeited. Lesson learned, I will not allow this to happen again. Asking nicely often works.

mtacchi likes this.