My Slowest 5K, But Also My Proudest

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Yesterday was the great Thessaloniki Nighttime Half Marathon and 5K. I first ran this event last year and really enjoyed it (watch for the review later this week). Last night was the first time I ran the 5K (in fact, the first time I ran a 5K in a foreign country!) and it was certainly my proudest! The Thessaloniki Nighttime Run I ran the half marathon again and it was a surprising race for me. I went into it without much in the way of specific training for it. To add to that, I started yesterday with some stomach flu symptoms that really put a kink on my ability to be away from a certain type of installation for long periods of time. Due to that, I was not expecting much but was surprised that I actually ran a pretty decent race in 1:38 (7:30 pace). I would have probably had a PR if it wasn’t for two emergency stops along the course. The Really Great Part of the Night... The post My Slowest 5K, But Also My Proudest appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...