My review of the Neue Europa Kabine and MUC BRU Flight in C

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by JSpira, Oct 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since I don´t fly short-haul flights in Europe very much (I prefer to drive), I hadn´t yet experienced the Neue Europa Kabine. I had actually forgotten it had been announced and I definitely wasn´t thinking about it while walking up the stairs after the drive to the plane.

Everything looked shiny and new and the seats were really comfortable. The service was excellent as well.

My complete review is online here along with a few more photos.

[​IMG]

uggboy likes this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    JSpira- thanks for posting- however "seats really comfortable??" NEK are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in- not to mention the problem of making it very easy to rip your clothing.

uggboy likes this.
  3. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    My criteria for seat comfort has a lot to do with back and thigh support since I've had back issues since I was 14. I found them comfortable. Obviously YMMV. And the flight was relatively short. I have no doubt others find them uncomfortable but seat comfort seems to be a very personal matter and each traveler has his own criteria.

uggboy and TRAVELSIG like this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course- however they even took away the table which covered the middle seat in C- and also the closet is gone. A poor showing overall.

uggboy likes this.
  5. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know - I did comment on the removal of the table in my review. I used to like having it there.

uggboy likes this.
  6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is very limited point to fly C anymore if you are a status member on shorthaul. The differences are so little it is very difficult to justify the price difference. My shorthaul went from 100% C to ~25% paid C at this point. NEK was the tipping point.

7. SMK77

SMK77 Active Member

Status Points:
    I think the review is a very isolated view and does not represent the general feedback Lufthansa received on NEK.

Business Class suffered the most and the product as of today is far below any standard I am expecting from a product that is used for flight of up to 4 hours.

The proximity of other passengers is bothering me, after all they squeezed in more rows and the dimensions of the Business Class seat are exactly the same as in Economy. Gone is the table in the middle and gone the armrest that could be moved to allow some extra width.

The seat is extremely hard and is no good for any flight longer than an hour. Your back will hate to fly NEK, there is no comfortable padding.

Storage space is gone including wardrobes. An average cold day and a full plane and the chaos is perfect.

Old Business Class was already a step down, NEK is the worst. A premium carrier needs to offer a premium product. If LH cannot survive on certain routes without NEK they are servicing the wrong route anyway.

tosc, ACMM and TRAVELSIG like this.
  8. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very very well said SMK77!

9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to milePoint SMK77 ... a very good first post :)

TRAVELSIG likes this.