My return visit to the Seattle Kimptons

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by tondoleo, May 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

I stayed this past weekend at each of the Seattle properties. This is the second time I have done this type of trip. Each time the Monaco was the best all around experience. I find their room to be the most comfortable. It is set up very nicely. The furniture and bedding is very comfortable.

As an IC member (via status match from PC Platinum) I received a very nice upgrade to a suite, and, got my requested treats except for organic dark chocolate. This perturbed my companion. The Monaco provided a pet goldfish which I did not request. I thanked the front deskperson for this. He stated the Monaco wants their IC members to get the total Kimpton experience.:)

The Vintage Park is a different environment. The front desk staff is a bit more laid back and solemn. I received my requested snacks and a nice note. The upgraded room was okay if you like the kind of decor they use. It was spacious. The restaurant, Tulio's, is outstanding. I booked the AAA rate and received a $ 25.00 off cert for Tulio's. I had eaten there before and it was better this time.

The last Kimpton is the Alexis. I received a great upgrade to a huge King Premiere Suite room with a jetted tub with a view of Elliot Bay and the Ferris Wheel. When I arrived in the room there was a iced bucket with two beers and a large bag of potato chips. I don't know where the Alexis got the idea beer was my beverage of choice. They must have confused me with the other Tondoleo who is an IC member. This was the second time my "snack" preferences were not met. Oh well. Another email to the GM will probably result in a larger room on my next stay.:rolleyes:

I will continue to visit Kimptons since they are in cities that are on my itinerary. I also enjoy the ease with which one can accumulate free nights. This does not include the 7 free nights at the new hotels that is offered to IC members this year.
    uggboy, Jimgotkp and canucklehead like this.