"My Reservations" blank...

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Tenmoc, Nov 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this a known problem?

Am scheduled to fly tomorrow and today my My Reservations on aa.com is blank.

I can look up the record by locator and see it ticketed, but it is not showing anything under my reservations.

Just a bit of panic on my part i guess.

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    This thread was started last week about another AA.com issue, but recently has taken posts about the disappearing reservations. Your issue is related to a software update AA implemented that you can probably see on the site now. The login space allows email address instead of just your AAdvantage #, the sale fares advertised on the homepage are listed with their roundtrip price and not their one way price as was the case previously, there are new seat maps, etc. The downside, obviously, is that they're having reservation issues. As you note, they're still booked, just not visible on the site from time to time.

AA is aware of the problem and has stated elsewhere that it knows what the issue is and will be fixing it soon. In the meantime, they suggest the work around you're already using - enter the PNR to load the reservation.

Tenmoc likes this.
  3. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks David.

Panic averted. :D

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No problem, I freaked out the first time I logged in a few days ago, too. It's a bit shocking to see 10 reservations disappear. :eek:

Tenmoc likes this.
  5. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been able to resolve this problem by closing out of my browser completely and logging back in, then my reservations show up. Simply logging out and logging back in does not resolve the issue.

Gargoyle and Tenmoc like this.
  6. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice. I just switched to FF from Chrome (issues there earlier) and they're back. I won't be able to close Chrome for a while, but will test it at the end of the day too.

Thanks for the tip.

7. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    No problem, glad I could help. :)

Tenmoc likes this.
  8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I've switched browsers on various days and it is a temp fix but eventually disappears again, so not a permanent fix. AA has acknowledge this is an issue that they'll fix soon though, so should be a non-issue very soon.

Tenmoc likes this.
  9. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Renamed reservations also seem to be reverting back to default names. Annoying, especially since at least in my case it's extremely difficult to rename anything other than those booked directly on aa.com -- reservations booked by AA phone agents or travel agents don't seem to have a 'rename' button.

10. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I noticed this as well but I found a work around. If you have the mobile app installed on your phone, I have found that you can rename the reservation on app if you can't modify it on the web. It also seems that the changes made to the reservations on my mobile app seem to stick better than when I change it on the web.

11. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's exactly what doesn't work for me except through torturous workarounds that are only sometimes successful.

• On the main web site, only pending reservations (not yet ticketed) which were originally booked via the web site have a way to rename them.
    • On my AA iPhone/iPod app, only a few of my ticketed reservations have a 'rename' button, and almost all of those the button is greyed out.
    • On my AA iPhone/iPod app, selecting the "My Flights" tab usually insists "You have no flights on file."
      • Sometimes, selecting the "More" tab and then "AA.com" and then logging in and then viewing reservations will cause the flights to start showing up in the "My Flights" tab in the app.
      • Sometimes doing this and then additionally selecting "Full HTM: Version" at the bottom, logging in yet again, and displaying flights makes them start showing up in the app's "My Flights" tab.
    • Sometimes, doing the above work-arounds also causes the "Rename" button to become active on the just-viewed trip.
    No matter how they were renamed (via aa.com main web site, via "Rename" button in iPhone/iPod app), renamed reservations have been reverting back to default names when AA does something on their back-end. This is new.

12. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that's more than I've had to deal with, but then again I'm on Android and that might be the difference. Everything has been really spotty for me as well and honestly, if my reservation names get reset again, I'm just not going to try to change them back for a while, lol. I've noticed that generally the reservation names get reset overnight. AA just needs some time to work out their kinks.

13. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA.com now posts this (Friday morning) on its web page. Nice that there is a public alert, though not as nice as fixing the silly problem :(

"We are currently having issues displaying all reservations in the list on 'My Reservations'. Reservations can still be retrieved individually. In the meantime, we are working diligently to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience."

anabolism, malikguy and Tenmoc like this.