My recent flights with Royal Jordanian air

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Emos-closet, Apr 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Emos-closet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Okay, just got back from flying with them from ORD-AMM, I would give them a 5 out 10 rating. The business class cabin was light, fresh and clean looking, the seats were comfortable, except they have no back shell which leaves a person feeling very exposed while sleeping ( especially to the people behind you if they are not in full recline). Flight attendants were attractive and attentive but not particularly friendly or polite, but not I would not go so far as to say they were rude. The entertainment system would not boot up for the first two hours of the flight and the selection was limited. The earphones they handed out were terrible. The most disspppointing part was the food which was served a la carte and was mostly inedible. I also flew RJ Rountrip from Amman to Tel Aviv and that was a perfect and quick flight (20 min) and also from Amman to Madrid. Sitting business class to Madrid, we had a young, 25 year old, Ecuadorian flight attendant who was in training serve us. She was very sweet and pretty but kept forgetting things like picking up our water glasses before takeoff, not giving us napkins with our meal, giving us hot towels that were so soaked with water they dripped all over our clothes, serving my husband an egg dish that had salmon on the bottom after he specifically asked if there was salmon in the dish ( he hates it!) and her denying that there was fish in the dish.
    The worst part of this flight was when she gave us a bunch of English magazines to read. ALthough I know this is not the fault of the airlines it was a frightening event that happened...I opened up an issue of Time and a giant flying insect with a body cavity as thick as my thumb flew out and was flying around me buzzing and batting its wings around my head. I was trying not scream too much as my husband tried to swat it with a magazine. It took about 3 minutes before a male steward came to find out what all the racket was. When he saw this thing, his eyes grew wide and he grabbed a magazine and tried to swish it away from our seats. After about 5 minutes of running around the business class cabin, he managed to kill it. My husband and I still dont know what the insect/animal was, he thinks it was some type of beetle or jacaranda....I think it was a giant moth that had the thickest, furriest body I have ever seen. Flying Royal Jordanian was definetly an experience I will never forget.

Mangy and BeachMiles like this.
  2. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Emos-closet Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the trip report---You have just helped me decide if I want to "waste" my hard earned miles flying RJ from here...and me thinks NOT!...........TK is the way to go!

Mangy likes this.
  4. Now that was a different trip report.

Mangy likes this.
  5. Mangy
    Original Member

Mangy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the insight. I am living in the region and have always been tempted to fly RJ. Not so tempted now:(