My next AOR

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by gconnery, Jul 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to do another AOR in August, and starting to think about what I might apply for. Obviously it could all change if some amazing new offer comes out but here's some of the candidates:

Chase Business: Ink Plus to replace Bold (I have Bold never Plus). 50K UR probably.
    Chase Personal: Hyatt 2xnights? or Freedom 10K?
    Wife has Freedom, I could get an AU on that, but that doesn't give us another $1500 x 5X at Gas Stations this quarter. The Chase Hyatt I can wait on I think. Probably doing a Hyatt Diamond challenge in October, so this may be an important card for the future. In the short run I just don't stay at enough Hyatts. Freedom.

Amex Business: Platinum new or upgrade Gold Rewards.
    (new is 50K, upgrade is 25K so new, but I probably don't qualify as a Gold holder. upgrade)
    Amex Personal: Aeroplan 50K Miles (thru Aeroplan login Bonus Offers)
    Amex Blue Cash Everyday/Preferred 25K UR/10K UR after $1,000 (Have Sapphire)
    I do fly to Canada somewhat so the Aeroplan is useful, but 50K miles is kinda limited. Could stand miles there unless I can find other ways to earn them over time. Makes me a little nervous. Blue Cash is probably a good long term card to have. I know the Preferred has better earnings rates and a better bonus. Can I downgrade the Preferred to the Everyday before the annual fee hits? Thinking maybe Blue Cash.

Citi Platinum Select Mastercard 40K after $3K in 3mos, $95 waived.
    (Will have had the VISA only a little over 90 days, have a long time World MC, Try Citi AA Amex too 24hrs later? Not sure I have this Citi AA churn thing down exactly. But I want/need AA miles and already have the Citi HH so not sure what else they've got really)

BofA Virgin Atlantic churn (for eventual HH points)?
    Cancelled end of 2012. Time for a churn?

Barclay US Air?
    Applied for my first ever in April, this would be my 2nd. Obvious question would be why the hell do I need a 2nd one when I haven't put much spend on the 1st. Currently waiting out the 15K offer to see if I get it. I know we're on the clock with the US Air cards, and they might disappear, but...

2. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like there's also an Alaska Airlines Business card from BA that I could consider. Hadn't realized that. Would add to my Alaska miles for some future trips down the west coast.

3. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Surface Interval Silver Member

Status Points:

There is a churnable 50k Citi AA VISA. I received one three months ago. Read about this one yesterday - just before my AOR today. Applied and got it. Both me and the Mrs. During the online chat I verified the bonus by simply asking "please verify the signup bonus". There is no splash page, only the app. You need to take it on faith (partly) that it works. Here it is: https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq...F11111W&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=3001

4. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Whoah. Just looked up the FT thread on this. Looks like people have been going crazy for a while. The wife just did an AOR a few weeks ago, including an a Citi AA VISA so I took a flying leap and trying her on this one. Got a pending. Won't be calling. We'll see what happens. Wonder if it will still be around in a week or two?

5. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh btw Surface Interval, thanks very much!