My new job.

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I’m very excited to share that I got a new job on Monday.

I’m celebrating.

[​IMG]The coolest part is that the job happened because of this blog.

The timing was perfect. For over a decade, I’ve been a teacher and an educational consultant. While I absolutely loved certain parts of my work, I had outgrown other parts. I was feeling kind of stuck.

As you may already know, this blog is a hobby for me. It’s not the way I earn a living. I love to travel, I love to find deals, but most of all, I love to write, and I do it whenever I can. It just so happens that several people have read my blog and enjoyed it enough that they asked me to write for them. Usually it’s articles for other blogs and publications, but just recently, it was for a company in San Francisco. They were looking for a copywriter, and they felt like I was maybe the right person for the job. Of course I was extremely interested, but I was also not very confident that it would actually happen, because the inquiry had really fallen out of the clear blue sky.

But it did happen. I just signed a contract today…as a copywriter in the fashion industry. My dream job.

It’s part-time for now, and my initial contract only extends through the end of this year, but I am absolutely thrilled. It feels like magic.

So, believe me: I know this sounds hokey, but I think it’s just proof that when you follow your passion, you can reach your dreams. This is absolutely one of those times in life when I can hardly wait to see what happens next.

Thank you so much for reading.

More to come.

The post My new job. appeared first on Points and Pixie Dust.

The post My new job. appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...