My Hilton HHonors Points Have Already Expired. What Do I Do Next?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Canarsie, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you find that the Hilton HHonors points in your account have already expired, try contacting a representative of Hilton HHonors to reinstate your points. You might be offered a challenge to stay at a certain number of Hilton HHonors properties within a certain time frame to earn back some or all of your expired Hilton HHonors points.

Hopefully those Hilton HHonors members who have experienced this dilemma first-hand will impart their experiences here to help those who are also facing this dilemma.

Thank you in advance.

2. it'ship2b^2
    Original Member

it'ship2b^2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've not experienced it myself but if they are willing to give you back the points after a few stays that's a pretty generous offer.

3. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had HHonors points expire on me a few years back when I was not paying attention to miles and points. I called them and asked if there was anything I could do to get the points back. They reopened my account and game me 5,000 points back immediately. The remaining points were reinstated in blocks of 5,000 points for every stay until I had the full balance returned.

All I did was ask nicely.

inukshuk and gemac like this.
  4. inukshuk
    Original Member

inukshuk Gold Member

Status Points:
    That was my experience too. Asking nicely probably did help. [​IMG]

5. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    This happened to my husband as well. He called to explain that he had been unable to travel due to health issues and they immediately reinstated all his points. He also made a booking at the same time.

However, this has made me more vigilant about making sure that none of our programs expire under our noses. I have a spreadsheet where I record my programs with points balance and last date of activity.

lin821 and gemac like this.
  6. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    They key here is to try to call ASAP, ask nicely and see if they will just reopen the account with the missing points; if not, ask about a challenge for status and points. If the answer is still "no", the usual suggestion is to let the telephone cool off a bit and call again. :)