My first stay under SPG - Sheraton Tower, Singapore.

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by WilliamQ, May 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had been a loyal HHonors supporter but it is getting harder to ignore the Cross Over Rewards under Delta FFP.

Now at Sheraton Tower, Singapore for the night. So far, the experience had been great and the Deluxe Room is spacious. Despite no status (yet), granted a 2pm late checkout. I do miss the free breakfast offered to HHonors Gold member though.

Quick question. Will the buffet dinner at the hotel restaurant be eligible for points as it was charged to my room's portfolio?

markcwj, uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We have so far always received points when eating at SPG hotels, be it restaurants, bars or in-room dinning, as long it's charged to the room's portfolio.

Enjoy your stay in Singapore.

WilliamQ likes this.
  3. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely and if you show your SPG card before settling the bill in restaurant and charging it to your room you should get a discount of anywhere from 15-30%

IDGflygirl, uggboy and WilliamQ like this.
  4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Urgggh.. To late. Left the restaurant. :)
    good to know for future reference though.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    It it basically worldwide with a few exceptions. Once you hit SPG Platinum and travel in Asia and Europe it is VERY rewarding.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    IDGflygirl, uggboy and WilliamQ like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's Platinum you want to "hit" with SPG. Diamond is with Hyatt or Hilton. Thanks.

WilliamQ likes this.
  7. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeap! You are right! Thank you!

WilliamQ and uggboy like this.
  8. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    You can also get points for meals in SPG restaurants even when you're not staying at the hotel. That might not be systemwide but I know I've done it plenty in the US.

IDGflygirl, WilliamQ and uggboy like this.
  9. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay.. I might not have gotten the discount at the restaurant (kick in the butt) but the points posted quite quickly for my 1 night stay + dinner buffet for 2.

Food was average but the service throughout (Hotel and Restaurant) is good.

Now to see if my Delta Skymiles will post as speedily :)

upload_2014-5-19_8-18-59.png

uggboy likes this.
  10. lcpteck

lcpteck Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can refer to this website in regards to F&B participation under SPG. It lists what discounts are provided as well. I was at the lobby bar of Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur and found out they were not participating. Hence always check the website to verify.

I heard room upgrades, even as a Platinum, isn't very good at Sheraton Towers Singapore.

IDGflygirl, WilliamQ and uggboy like this.
  11. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent news. :)

WilliamQ likes this.
  12. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the link. It's good to verify first, before assuming the SPG member discount is available. That's a great reminder.

I hope you enjoyed the Le Meridien KL, we've had a stay there a few years ago and loved this hotel. Equally we have stayed at the neighbor, the Hilton and loved this too. The location at Sentral is a real plus IMHO.

IDGflygirl and WilliamQ like this.
  13. lcpteck

lcpteck Silver Member

Status Points:
    No problem, it's quite easy to remember the URL. :)

Yes, the club lounge of Le Meridien is nice though Hilton's is much bigger. Rooms wise I do prefer Hilton's since it's bigger as well. Location is great for taking the KTM, Monorail, and KL Xpress to the airport. The new mixed commercial/office complex recently opened called Nu Sentral, so it's easier to walk to the Monorail now and more dining options as well.

I'll be using the Aloft and Le Meridien (and maybe Sheraton) as a base for hotel hopping if I lack stays for my Platinum requalification next year (I just completed the Platinum challenge this month). Singapore is just way too expensive to do a mattress run. :eek: Even if an Aloft or Element was to open here, it will still probably be in the S$200+ (US$160+) range.

Or maybe they should open an Aloft or Element here to keep the prices competitive. :) A 2nd Traders hotel will be opening later this year and location is right along Orchard Road shopping district.

markcwj and uggboy like this.