My First Long Delay In A While

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Last night I had one of those flying experiences that just leaves me cranky. Let me say upfront the two things I took away from this more than anything: -- My travels have been so seamless lately. I really don't remember the last time I've had a major delay. I've flown over 600,000 miles since the beginning of last year, and don't actually remember a major delay in that time period. That's amazing, and it's not something I put any thought into until I had a flight which didn't go smoothly. -- Traveling longhaul is so much easier than shorthaul. Perhaps related to the above, a vast majority of my flying the past two years or so has been longhaul. While jetlag sucks, longhaul flying seems to rarely have any problems. Similarly, most of my domestic flying has been nonstop and on "mainline" aircraft, which might explain the lack of delays there. I think I've been on one regional jet in the US all year. The post My First Long Delay In A While appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...