My first genuine MR

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by Jellypods, Dec 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jellypods

Jellypods Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am just about to do my first ever genuine MR, to top up a LH SEN qualification.

MUC-NRT and back on Turkish Comfort Class. I have no real reason to do this other than the opportunity and the miles.

I must admit I wanted some pleasure out of it as well as the miles, so I have 24 hours in Tokyo at the 5* Shangri-La near Tokyo Station. Don't tell my wife!

8MiHi, PhotoJim and malikguy like this.
  2. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    She's going to be jealous if she finds out!! :eek:

3. Jellypods

Jellypods Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well that was an excellent trip.

It's been a while since I did a trip as a tourist rather than a business traveller and it was actually quite relaxing.

Turkish Comfort Class was a revelation - almost as good as the LH Business product in terms of space, comfort and amenities. I was particularly impressed by the Istanbul Gold lounge, pictures below of the library, pool table and mini-cinema:-

photoss.jpg

photofg.jpg

And the Tokyo Shangri-La was very nice - very comfortable, central, welcoming. Helped me decide on a base hotel for a family holiday next year in Dubai... Jade membership awaits...

Overall I banked about 18,800 miles, more than enough for a SEN requal with the new 100k level.

malikguy likes this.