My Experience At The US Open SPG Suite

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I've written in the past about SPG Moments, whereby Starwood Preferred Guest members can redeem Starpoints for tickets at sold out events including concerts, sporting events, cultural activities, etc. As a general rule of thumb the best use of airline miles is for flights and the best use of hotel points is for hotel stays. But there are certainly exceptions. For example, Starpoints can also be transferred at a 1:1 ratio to over two dozen airline partners, and you get a 5,000 point bonus for every 20,000 points you transfer. That's why my valuation of Starpoints has stayed the same for several years now, as there are so many great uses of Starpoints. But SPG Moments aren't just a gimmick, they're actually in many cases a fantastic use of points. At the end of the day the best use of points is whatever makes you happy. And for a lot of road warriors who spend 200+ nights per year in hotels, being able to redeem points towards more travel doesn't really sound like much of a reward. And that's what makes SPG Moments so great. You can redeem points for some amazing experiences to "reward" your family members and friends for all the time you spend away. The post My Experience At The US Open SPG Suite appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...