My Evaluation of Delta Business Elite Seat Comfort

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by cwebb86, Jul 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cwebb86
    Original Member

cwebb86 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have been in 3 aircraft recently in Business Elite.
    I rate the 777-200LR layflat seat as EXCELLENT (I am 6'6" tall) as I was able to lay completely flat, fit in well head to toe, and liked the privacy of the module.
    The 767-400ER Vantage flatbed seats were a bit tight and claustrophobic. I rate them only as FAIR.
    The A330-300 seats were absolutely HORRID and completely unacceptable for an overnight transatlantic flight in the premium cabin.
    Your thoughts?

sobore and jrp2 like this.
  2. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with the 777-200LR Lie Flats. I have yet to ever be on a 767-400ER but will get that chance on the way to LHR in September. As for the A330-300, I assume these are the same type as the A330-200 and B747-400 Business Elite. They are not my favorites, however they are wider than the "recliner" seen in the likes of the 767-300ER. I would see the recliner is a tiny bit more "HORRID" than the A330-300 seats. Overall, I won't complain as I am sure any Economy seat would be much worse.

3. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the 763 seats are a disgrace. They are old, nasty, and cradle seats. There is not reason that they need to be on planes still.

As to the A330s, I don't like the angle either. I don't like the sliding down as I try to sleep. As cwebb86 points out, they are narrow. But they are better than the 763. What I find difficult is that my shoulders don't fit well (I wear a 42 jacket).

Dave

4. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    A330's / B747's vs KLM's seats way better....

5. ClipperDelta
    Original Member

ClipperDelta Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually prefer the 764ER BE flat-beds to the 777s because:
    - the 764 beds are longer (the bulkhead rows also have a larger footwell area than the other rows, which makes them somewhat more spacious)
    - the 764 seats face forward (no difficulty looking out the window with a window seat)
    - the 764 seats are perfect for solo travelers or a couple traveling together (777 has no good seats for a couple traveling together who may want to talk to each other)

Now if they would only increase the PTV server capacity on the 764s to match that of the 777 so as to allow for 200+ movies instead of the current 25+...

sobore and Gargoyle like this.
  6. monitor
    Original Member

monitor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've flown in all three a number of times each and agree that the new ones on the 777s and 764s are both good. However, I am a back sleeper and for me, the cradle type seats on the 330 are more than acceptable and I will go out of my way to book on one of them.

7. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will say ref the conversion I'm glad DL put the info on the site. What isn't there -- what fleet subsection they are doing next. I'm over they 763s. They are flat wrong. We need to get something going that is good....called a flat seat.

What I'm seriously surprised about is AF and KM haven't started a move to flat seats.