My Coke Rewards new site is broken

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by Gargoyle, Jan 25, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    They reworked their site. Is it broken for anyone else? Impossible to sign in- it requires a confirmation of the e-mail (same e-mail that has gotten a half dozen messages from them in the past month). Then most tries it never sent the confirmation e-mail to that address, and when it did, it then refused the login saying it didn't recognize the address; if I bypass that and try to log in, it says the address is already confirmed but still won't let me in.

Completely screwed up web design.

2. 3rdgal12

3rdgal12 New Member

Status Points:
    Yep I just went through the same issues you did. For a company that large to screw up a new website that badly is ridiculous and disgusting. If they don't fix it soon they better let members enter more than the 100 points per week that they usually do to make up for being unavailable most of the week.

3. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    They're now limiting it to 75 points per week anyway.

And yes, the site is royally screwed up. Apparently they store their stuff on lots of different sites, so when they try to draw on all of them to build a page or to make it work, if one can't be accessed the page crashes (at least that was what I was told by someone who should know -- I can barely do html coding).

4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    The MCR website is completely broken. It asked me to sign in as if I'd never previously logged in, and then refuses to enable a login. Broken and is not running, and no one seems to care.

5. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    It finally worked for me earlier today. Try again?

6. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just did, and could not get into the MCR website. Considering that the "rewards" part of "My Coke Rewards" has become near worthless for frequent flyers, I guess it's not that big of deal if the website is permanently broken.

daninstl, Gargoyle and uggboy like this.
  7. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was in early on the mobile app beta site. It never worked good. Then the new website launched and it doesn't work well and the mobile app makes you log in time after time plus they changed the maximum points per week from 100 to 75. On top of that the last time I checked they didn't have anything good to redeem for. At one point the travel rewards got down to 3 items. I like MCR and have a ton of points there and a ton of codes left to enter but I think I'm about done with them.

Newscience likes this.
  8. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree! IIRC, the "best rewards" I received from MCR were $25-50 value cards which could be used for travel with WN. That is long gone, and the last time that I could log into the website (last year), I found nothing worth redeeming points for. :(

Counsellor likes this.
  9. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree -- there really isn't much there.

They still have the free 12-pack for 250 points, and if last year is any guide they'll have specials throughout the year where that goes down to 30 points, a real bargain if you like the stuff. And the new rewards offering includes about 200 magazine subscriptions at about 250 points each, which can be a real bargain for some magazines like 12 issues of Conde Nast Traveler which usually goes for $12 to $15 per year.

Christmas time is what I look to for good rewards, $25 gift cards for Home Depot, Best Buy, and other stores for about 625 points, so a redemption value of about 4 cent per MCR point. Of course, no guarantee that'll be offered this Christmas, but if you have the codes and the time, it could be worth it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Newscience likes this.
  10. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Once upon a time there were some good deals for priority club points, but I haven't seen those in a couple years.

Newscience likes this.
  11. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Over the past few years I've been able to get Holiday Inn and Hilton points from MCR points. They sell out quickly and haven't returned since at least the middle of 2014 sadly.

Newscience likes this.
  12. BILLTHEOBALD2004

BILLTHEOBALD2004 New Member

Status Points:
    works with google chrome its a cookies issue

Gargoyle likes this.