My Coke Rewards Master Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by foxberg, Apr 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed that there's no dedicated thread to this topic. I suggest that all posts related to My Coke Rewards program by Coca-Cola would be discussed here rather then starting multiple threads on related subject.

2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, since MCR is still going, but really doesn't have anything to offer anymore, good luck with postings.

Although I have seen Priority Club points lately, and Avis free days, but all the other stuff is Meh.

B1BomberVB likes this.
  3. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    B1BomberVB, traveler and rharrigill like this.
  4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last year they had a one day promo where they offered 500 PCR points for 50 (I think) MCR points with no redemption limits. I cashed in about 20K PCR. I'm currently sitting on over 5K MCR and hoping for a similar promo this year.

***EDIT***
    Indeed, 50 points for 500 PCR points. It was a Wednesday promo that ran on 05/25/11.

rharrigill likes this.
  5. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    MCR still has the Southwest Airlines $20 off a roundtrip ticket code for 100 MCR points.

Here are the T&Cs:
    $20 discount valid for one-time use at southwest.com or SWABIZ.com off the total amount of a Wanna Get Away roundtrip fare purchase before taxes and fees.
    • Purchase must be made between April 1, 2012 and July 31, 2012 for travel April 10, 2012 through November 15, 2012
    • Blackout dates apply May 24, 2012 through May 25, 2012, May 28, 2012, June 29 through July 8, 2012 and September 2, 2012 through September 3, 2012. If any portion of travel falls on a blackout date, the discount will not apply.
    • Flights available on public, scheduled service only.
    • The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!.
    • 7-day or more advance purchase is required.
    • Seats are limited and may not be available on some flights that operate during peak travel times and holiday periods.
    • Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualifications for this promotion.
    • For complete terms and conditions visit southwest.com/mycokerewards2012

They also have 500 PC points for 160 MCR points, or 2000 PC points for 630 MCR points. I don't collect PC points, but this may be a good option if you need to top off your account.

6. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, seems like the Priority club points are the only worthwhile thing, but there availability is limited to one redemption per year.

7. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unless you want to open multiple accounts. Addresses could be anywhere. It wouldn't matter since PCR award is a digital code. You don't even need an access to the email address you'd register with. You get the code right on the MCR website after the redemption.

Mikus33 likes this.
  8. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been collecting MCR points for years now. Redeemed a bunch of them last year when they had a 250 MCR points for 2000 PC points promotion. Got about 18K PC points from that.

9. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I started collecting MCR points this year because of the arctic home promotion. 35 MCR points a day for almost 2 months. I redeemed for 2,500 PC points and I still have 1,200 MCR points left. I seem to recall that there were some good things available around the holidays last year - but I am hoping that they allow more PC point redemptions this year. If not, and the program continues next year, I will redeem them next year.

PointsCashMiles likes this.
  10. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wednesday's "fantastic" deal:

24 points
    20 oz Free Dasani coupon (Wednesday's Deal)
    Refresh the moment with pure taste in a better bottle. Get in on the deal.
    Wednesday is the best day for a deal like this. Now you can save 40% on this coupon good for a DASANI® 20 oz. bottle. There's no better way to refresh your day. DASANI offers expertly designed water in a bottle made from up to 30% plants and is still 100% recyclable. Get ready to pack water in good taste with help from your My Coke Rewards points.

11. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My e-mail told me it was "unbeatable" rather than fantastic ;)

12. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think 24 points for a bottle of any product used to be a regular redemption before they jacked up prices.

13. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    According to TOBB, the Priority Club point limit to one per year seems to have lifted - of course, the 500 PC Points for 160 MCR is the only one available. I was able to confirm this by redeeming for several sets of PC points.

tarheelblue, foxberg and traveler like this.
  14. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    T
    Thanks, just redeemed 160 MCR for he 500 PC Points. Darn I am 3 MCR points shy of another redemption. Wheres a bottle cap when you need one!;)

KathInJax and foxberg like this.
  15. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you!!!! I'm in a process of cashing in for 35 vouchers. The site is ridiculously slow. I wonder why :D

baliparis, traveler and KathInJax like this.
  16. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    So am I, one cap away from my last redemption. I don't know if this would last until tomorrow.

traveler and KathInJax like this.
  17. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much for posting, I'm right now in the process of redeeming a batch of points earned from the Arctic Home promotion. Not as terrific as the discounted awards from last year, but still great news.

Speculation: I wonder if by lifting the cap, MCR might be deliberately trying to get people to clear out their points, thereby lowering the amount of PC awards in the MCR inventory, and ultimately reducing the chances of a PC slaughter later this year? Foxberg, any thoughts? I hope the discounted awards return again this year, but right now a bird in the hand....

18. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    That crossed my mind in exactly the same terms, but the opportunity presented was really rare and unique. Last year MCR offered PCR vouchers at 50 points per voucher on Wednesday, May 11th. I just didn't want to take the chance of being stuck again with about 6K in MCR points. I would feel sad if MCR offers the same promo for PCR points later this year though.

KathInJax and tarheelblue like this.
  19. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Like you, we just picked up a ton of PC points by blowing out virtually all the existing MCR Points we had accumulated, thanks mostly to those wonderful polar bears. That was my proverbial "bird in the hand." We have enough caps & codes left over that if the offer is still around on Monday, we could pick up another 5 PC awards. But I'm thinking that I might hold on to those in the hopes of a future Wednesday discount offer, which would essentially triple the value if they drop the cost from 160 MCR points to 50 as before. Not that much lost if they don't do a blow-out...and there's always Best Buy cards later in the year, or maybe even PC awards at the beginning of next year.
    Knowing me, I'll probably get cold feet and redeem Monday. ;)

KathInJax and foxberg like this.
  20. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone else use the free entries on Instant Win games? I used to max out my free entries every day, but it takes so much time that I stopped - but I got a few o.k. prizes ($5 Best Buy gift card, subscription to Sports Illustrated).

KathInJax likes this.
  21. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do it every once in a while. Takes too much time with very little reward, if ever.

KathInJax and yaychemistry like this.
  22. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've done it a few times. It takes to much time and there usually are not a lot of prizes.

However, I did win $100 gift card last December. I think the game awarded one prize every minute. I was stunned when I won.

foxberg and yaychemistry like this.
  23. fyfedog

fyfedog Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, just wondering how often they change the rewards on the website and if there are yearly deals to look out for? Thanks

24. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Check your email. I received the following targeted email from MCR today. Considering I'm a a loyal Diet Coke drinker, this is great news. Bonus points are not subject to the weekly limits. And yes, the code is a unique code.

Counsellor, foxberg and yaychemistry like this.
  25. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rats! Also a loyal diet coke drinker, but no email :(
    Plus I just bought a bunch of fridge packs that were on sale.

foxberg likes this.