My Biggest Challenge When It Comes To Tipping While Traveling

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I'm a huge believer in taking care of the people in the hospitality industry, be it airlines or hotels. And by that I don't just mean tipping, but also constantly saying thank you for their hard work, and occasionally also bringing a gift, if the situation warrants it (for example, I'll sometimes bring a bottle of champagne as a gift for some of my favorite hotel employees, just as a small token of appreciation). But let's talk about tipping for a second. Is the US tipping system perfect? Absolutely not. I don't tip because I love the system, but rather because I realize many people rely on tips to make a living. I have one small problem, however, with some regularity. I'm not someone who carries a ton of cash around, since I pay virtually everything by credit card. So it's not unusual that I have either no US currency, or if I do have US currency, it's in larger denominations. For example, here's what I have on me right now: The post My Biggest Challenge When It Comes To Tipping While Traveling appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...