My Best Etihad First Class Flight Ever!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Etihad. All things considered they're a good airline, though in terms of the first class experience there are a couple of things they could change to make the product truly fantastic. Up until now my beef with Etihad has revolved around two issues: -- Etihad's US pre-clearance facility in Abu Dhabi, whereby you clear customs prior to boarding your US-bound flight. This sounds like it would be good in theory, though in practice US-bound flights are delayed an average of two hours as a result of this. Even worse, Etihad's CEO claims that the facility "couldn't be going any better," which leaves me little hope for this ever changing. -- Etihad has a fantastic "on demand" dining concept with an onboard chef in first class. The issue is that on my last two ultra longhaul Etihad flights they've run out of food several hours before landing. That means I literally had one "real" meal on a 13-16 hour flight. The post My Best Etihad First Class Flight Ever! appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...