My (bad) luck: Both ICs in Doha fully booked...

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by CescoAiel, Nov 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    ... and my company doesn't allow me to book a hotel outside the portal, so I cannot even use my RA priviliges to try and squeeze in...

*SIGH*

(Sorry, had to rant somewhere, and I think this community will understand my frustration better than anyone else!)

sobore and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which other hotel in Doha you will now be staying?

3. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Crowne Plaza... A nice hotel as well, but no RA privileges!

uggboy likes this.
  4. Cesco,
    Try and book more nights than you plan to stay and then shorten your stay on checkin or when you leave if there is no early departure. Sometimes if you are "staying" for several more days beyond your actual stay they will have rooms available. A week is good revenue and many hotels keep some rooms for last minute issues or longer stay bookings.

viguera likes this.
  5. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, but I am already staying a week actually... I could try extending by a few more days... :eek:

6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    You RA status is outside of your companies arrangement with IHG?

7. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    The hotels will obviously honor my status when I book with my RA number, but the travel portal obviously doesn't contact the Ambassador helpdesk to help get me in to a hotel that is 'fully booked'...

8. Another suggestion might be to book the CP through your portal and then call the RA desk and get it changed to an IC res.
    OR book dates when you can get a res and call the RA desk to change the dates.

9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    That very well may invalidate the expense claim.

10. I don't live in that corporate world so have no clue about those things. Being owner of a smaller business is completely different.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  11. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually, the hotel is paid from the corporate CC account, so they'd deny or dispute the charge, because there's no matching reservation in the database...

I'll try again a bit later, because I can indefinitely change the details of the bookings, as long as it doesn't incur additional costs (so in the case of the CP, as long as I do it before 6PM the day before check-in, no penalties applied!)

I may even do the unthinkable, and call their travel desk and talk to a person (oh the audacity!) to see whether they can assist...

12. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Whoa...Whoa! That is out of control.

viguera and Jimgotkp like this.
  13. No its "out of the box" not out of control.
    :cool:

14. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah yes, "thinking out of the box"- the only better one is "it's a no-brainer" as far as over used cliches in the office go ;)

15. I pick up those cliches second hand because, as stated, I live in the "real time" world of hands on and no BS:D, no team rah rah stuff, etc. and a much smaller tax bill:D % wise

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  16. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would try again, sometimes rates are even lower, it depends on the cancelled reservations...be patient and good luck!

CescoAiel and uggboy like this.
  17. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will... Believe me, I will! :)

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  18. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of them now has availability for 8+ days, but since it is fully prepaid, I won't be able to shorten it when on-site... Biding my time... Try again tomorrow... :D

19. Jeez, talk about having an anchor around your foot!!!:)
    It just seems so silly your corporate TA can't help when the Company wants you there and the hotel is on their approved list. Can't the TA call IC with your RA number and book it. Or ask your boss to make an exception since you are going to be there for a full week.

20. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    When a company gets the size of a small town, the processes and procedures get as cumbersome as they do for real towns... I prefer the way it was before we were acquired, but we're no longer a small, agile startup, and that's a fact that cannot be changed...

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  21. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having worked with both small organizations and enormous conglomerates- I think the cliche which most applies is "The Grass is Always Greener on the other side". Pluses and minuses to every organization- obviously larger loses some flexibility and gains in terms of resources.

22. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do not think the grass is greener on the other side... I just prefer the way we worked before we were acquired. I could call our agent, tell him "I need a flight and hotel, these dates, this location", and he'd take care of it, according to my preferences, using any membership numbers and privileges available to do so...

Now everything has to go through "the portal"...

guinnessxyz likes this.
  23. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Breaking news: The customer postponed the install for now! :rolleyes:

Ah well... Perhaps I'll have better luck next time!

24. Ah yes the delay until it's really cold in Europe:D