My Avatar photo pal is gone and I'm sad

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by daninstl, Aug 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

My little dog "Zoe" in my Avatar photo was put to sleep today while I was away traveling. Her poor little heart couldn't take anymore. Makes me sad and hard to sit here at PDX without crying. Hard to be away from home when something like that happens. I also feel bad for my wife that had to be there alone with her. We all get old I guess but it still hurts.
    Rest in peace my little friend.
    uggboy likes this.
  2. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Rest in peace, Zoe.

My condolences for your loss. I had to put down the dog in my avatar (Einstein) a week and a half ago. I do not think that I have cried as hard in my life. My dog was 16 years old and had kidney disease for about a year. He finally stopped eating and while it was the best thing for him, it was incredibly hard.

I like to think that he is now in a place where he can run, chase squirrels, boss other dogs around and get as many treats as his heart desires.
    daninstl and uggboy like this.
  3. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

We had to put our SuperCat "Toots" to sleep many years ago, after he made our lives wonderful for all his seventeen and a half years. The pain of his loss hurt for long afterwards, but time eased the hurt, as it will yours.

We still have his picture smiling at us from atop our computer stand, and it brings us a smile (and sometimes a tear)even now, whenever we see him looking at us on here, with a big grin on his face.

Condolences on your losses.
    daninstl, uggboy and KathInJax like this.
  4. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

My condolences on your loss. It's hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet, and even harder when you're denied the opportunity to do so.

The very first bird I owned developed a mysterious chronic illness, and died at the vet's office (where I was boarding him) while I was away on a trip. It broke my heart to think the little guy probably thought I'd deliberately abandoned him, and that he died in an unfamiliar place surrounded by strangers. To this day I still wish I had cancelled that trip (and I would have, if I'd had any idea his end was so close).
    blackjack-21 and Gargoyle like this.