My account problem?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by John Woram, Jan 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, so I'm no zillion miler these days, but late last month my "My Account" page showed Total Available Award Mileage of 157,841 miles. Below that, the Mileage Activity area showed a Total Miles Posted of (as I recall) about 8,000 or so miles (for my December JFK/EZE roundtrip), giving me an Ending Balance of (again, as I recall) about 166,000.
    But now when I look, the Total Miles Posted is zero, and I'm back to the old 157,841 total. Do you think AA "lost" my December trip, and I need to do a "Request Credit" to get it restored? Or is this just some momentary glitch that will get fixed any day now? Also, unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I'd swear there used to be a way to review recent history -- flight numbers, mileage and so on. But now I can find no trace of this. So, is it gone forever? Or was it never there in the first place, and I'm just mis-remembering?

2. FEV77

FEV77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm no expert, but AA.com has been having problems since their recent "update". My account is not right either. They did the monthly update over the weekend. My upgrades aren't right ... yet.
    Personally, I keep track of what I should have - separately from their accounting.
    I'd give it a few days to "shake out" ... especially with all the weather-related issues.
    Some have reported that the agents can see the correct totals on their screens, but we can't see them in our accounts.

Good luck!

3. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    My account on aa.com has been all fuddled up for a couple of months now. in fact I can't even view it on aa.com - I get an "invalid state" error every time I try to access it. The account information is correct on the American iphone app, though. you might try that as another peek into your account to see what it shows.

4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    My account was correct until my return trip from LHR in December; then the monthly accounting happened, and some of my stats are wrong again.

5. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    And supposedly, US is able to book AA flights now, so we may be seeing some integration of the two systems.

6. xhunter33x

xhunter33x Silver Member

Status Points:
    I took AA from LAS-JFK-LHR-CPH and back at the end of November and there was a 25,000 mile bonus for paid First Class that I signed up for but wasn't on my statement. I called AA and the gentleman credited my account while we were on the phone! I am still trying to get credit for a hotel stay at the JW Desert Springs in June...and recently was told I had to call the hotel I had stayed at in Sweden directly for a copy of my statement because despite being part of a large hotel group, they are unable to access their own overseas statements! A big thumbs up to American Airlines!!!!

7. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess I'll just sit tight for a week or two. Then if my JFK/EZE doesn't re-appear I'll get on the phone and start whining ;).

FEV77 likes this.
  8. FEV77

FEV77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received email from AA this morning - "view your current eSummary‏"
    My upgrades still not right.
    Definitely not a "perfect" system, even with the "upgrade" they performed recently.

P.S. I wonder how many people realize they need to watch their accounts and make sure everything posts, and posts correctly? The airlines probably benefit from those who are not as diligent as MP members are!