MVP site issues?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Philphactor, Nov 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Philphactor
    Original Member

Philphactor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone else experienced this issue on the MVP site? I haven't been able to book a room on the site for a couple of weeks now ... keep getting error message that I can't book more than 365 days in advance, regardless of which month/year I select.

Is there a MVP rate code I can use on the regular HHonors site?

screenshot-1.jpg

2. Pat89339
    Original Member

Pat89339 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never used the MVPsite.
    On hilton.com use 41604 for H and HGI and 0560041604 for DT, ES, HW, HI.

kenbo likes this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not certain this a MVP site problem. For example if goes into hilton.com and insert Nov 3-4, 2012
    for Miami and it shows no availiblity for all Miami hotels... going further afield ...about 50% of HH Ft Luaderdale properties are also not available on those dates.
    Checking the calender all dates after Nov 2, 2012 are blocked out.

So its pretty evident to me at least that Hilton are not loading rates for SOME properties until 365 days out.

4. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like per that screenshot, that the OP is trying to book Nov 2011, not Nov 2012.

5. This is a coding error on their webpage. Their coder(s) are bozos and their web QA folks apparently non-existant.

The same error can be seen on all the Hilton USOC sports National Governing Body reservation sites. They are basically unusable.

6. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not having any problems with it --- and one nice thing about Hilton is if you find a rate has lowered, you can rebook at the lower rate with no penalty -- except you may get fewer points because you're spending fewer dollars.

If only the airlines let you do that !

DTWBOB

7. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I made a commitment this year to be more dilligent in checking back on future reservations for lower rates and have saved over a thousand dollars already this year. I usually book a reservation at the AAA rate that allows cancellation and then check back every week or so.

If I had been more diligent about this over the years, I have no idea how much I could have saved!

8. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tend to check regularly from about two months to a week prior to the stay. It seems to be the sweet spot to find a considerable reduction in the prices.

9. The bug is browser specific and the affected Hilton sites will fail with Chrome and some versions of IE, but will work with late versions of Firefox.

10. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    How do i get to the MVP or equivalent page? do I need an invite or code?

YULtide likes this.
  11. speakboy

speakboy Silver Member

Status Points:
  12. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I've always compared all Hilton family hotels when doing a search and wondered why the rates showed up for some but not all.

Pat89339 likes this.
  13. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you have Amex card it is better to book on the hilton.com card with the MVP code as you will get the 500 Amex booking points. I never received them when booking through the MVP site.

kenbo likes this.