MVP Gold member privileges on US Airways?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by WahineMommy, Jul 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I know they are partner airlines, and the AS recognizes US segment miles members, but do not see anything indicating that US Air does anything for MVPG members. ??

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

Many out-of-alliance partnerships involve miles (which might or might not include status miles) earning and burning (award tickets, mileage upgrade agreements are rare) only and not mutual status recognition. Sometimes elites get elite line, checked bag, and early boarding privileges but no upgrades. When upgrades are possible, they are likely to be low priority and close to departure, possibly only from certain fare classes.

Have you looked carefully at the website? Have you tried to call the FF program for clarification?

I'm not an expert in this, but I'm not aware of a strong partnership between Alaska and USAir, as Alaska's main partners seem to be DL and AA. I'd be extremely surprised if segment-qualifying elites but not mile-qualifiers were recognized because elite cards tend to just say "gold" for instance without any indication of how gold was achieved.

3. sniklec
    Original Member

sniklec Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

Alaska and US Airways are not partners. (What leads you to believe otherwise?)

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, they aren't and no, they do not.

There is full reciprocity in that regard, which is to say there is none.

Sorry.

ItsADryCold likes this.
  5. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps you are confusing US Airways with American Airlines?

6. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    And if that's the case, the answer is still "nothing" in big picture terms.