Mumble, Sigh, Glance, Stare

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sfo1, Oct 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just love it when I am sitting in my aisle seat and my seat mate finally arrives to claim his/her seat next to me. I would expect them to say something like, "hi that"s my seat next to you" or "hi do you mind me slipping past you into my window seat"? or "hi that's my window seat" or just "guess were going to be seat mates, mind if I slip past you into my seat"? But know, they arrive at the row, and then stand there, fidgeting, sighing, mumbling to themselves or starring at you or at the empty seat. Glancing at there boarding pass and then glancing at the overhead bins to ensure they have the right seat, then glancing back at the boarding pass etc. Love to play their game, will not look at them, will not say anything to them, hopefully they will have enough common sense to say something. Oh did I say common sense, that is not one of the prerequisites of flying. What's wrong with people in general today, what a bunch of "Mr/Mrs/Miss Milk Toasts"

Flyer1976, flyingdawg and ACMM like this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you already know what your seat mate wants during boarding, why do you need a conversation? Sure, there's usually a brief perfunctory dialog. Skipping that dialog would not indicate a lack of "common sense". But playing games and delaying boarding might.

cheepneezy and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's called being polite, which seems to be something that so many people no longer think is important in life
    and no one is playing games, and I definately don't want a conversation with that person. A smile and hello is all that is necessary.

4. youpaiyou

youpaiyou Silver Member

Status Points:
    Aren't you also being impolite by playing this little game with them?