Mum and daughter die on holiday in Bali after eating fish

Discussion in 'Asia' started by sobore, Jan 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

  1. sobore
    Original Member

    sobore Gold Member

    Messages:
    12,421
    Likes Received:
    33,847
    Status Points:
    16,520
    http://travel.aol.co.uk/2014/01/05/noelene-yvana-biscoff-die-holiday-bali-food-poisoning-allergy/

    A woman and her teenage daughter died within hours of arriving at a holiday resort in Bali of suspected food poisoning or an allergy.

    Noelene Gay Bischoff, 54, and Yvana Jeana Yuri Bischoff, 14, checked in to the Padang Bai Beach Resort in the Karangasem district on Friday.

    The mother and daughter from Queensland, Australia ate fish for dinner at the local Buddha Restaurant, ABC reports.

    Police say the pair were later violently ill and begged resort staff for help at 12.30am.

    Noelene died en route to a clinic and Yvana passed away a short time after.

    Speaking to Australia's Daily Telegraph, resort manager Vanni Bareato said: "We run a small resort of 30 people and this has never happened. You cannot be prepared for something like this. It's unbelievable.

    "We are shocked. Someone might have a heart attack or a stroke, but nothing like this."



    Read More: http://travel.aol.co.uk/2014/01/05/noelene-yvana-biscoff-die-holiday-bali-food-poisoning-allergy/
     
    uggboy and MSYgirl like this.
  2. MSYgirl

    MSYgirl Gold Member

    Messages:
    2,406
    Likes Received:
    7,567
    Status Points:
    6,510
    :(
     
    LETTERBOY and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

    uggboy Gold Member

    Messages:
    50,183
    Likes Received:
    133,438
    Status Points:
    20,020
    Indeed, very sad.
     

Share This Page