Multiquoting capability?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by upgrade, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there a quick way to select multiple prior posts to quote/respond to in a single reply, as on FT?

I couldn't see any obvious button/link. More importantly, the MP "help" section seems to have no guidance at all on navigating the UI; that seems like a significant omission. DId I just overlook it?

2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    The way I have been doing it is I reply to the first one - that starts the reply window text setup ... then I go to the other post(s) and reply there too - that appends the quote from the other post(s) in the same reply window ... seems to work well for me anyway. For instance here I clicked reply on your post above twice in a row - same idea ...

3. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's a very nice implementation of multi-quoting, I think. The only limitation is that you can only multi-quote two posts that are on the same page; otherwise you have to resort to the old copy-paste tricks.

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm- not sure about the limit of 2 :) Did this just by clicking reply for the three posts above ...

5. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are right -- I phrased my post badly. What I should have said is that you can quote multiple posts, but they all need to be on the same page.

6. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just click on reply for each post you want to quote. Note at the moment this only works for posts on the same page, at least without some manual effort (copying before switching pages and pasting afterwards).