MULTIPLE ROOM CREDIT FOR MAJOR LOYALTY PROGRAM

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Jazzsadana, Oct 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jazzsadana

Jazzsadana Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey friends,i am new to this site and to the concept of loyalty program
    I had a major question regarding the new reservations i am looking for in Hyatt/Starwood/Marriott/Carlson/Priority club
    Does any of these 5 hotel loyalty chains allow multiple rooms credits of more then 3 rooms as well ??

For example,i am planning for my family get together,booking 10 rooms for 3 days each
    Would i get the stay/night credit for all the 10 rooms for both nights ?{i.e 30 nights in all}
    and would the same be applicable as well if i take hyatt diamond challenge or starwood platinum challenge
    and along with the stay/night credits,would i even get the loyalty points for all the rooms as well ?

Jett Rink likes this.
  2. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe you will get 1 stay credit for the entire trip and you will get at least three nights as long as you are staying and paying for the bill. For SPG, on a challenge i believe you'll get one stay and 3 nights for a status challenge (the room you actually stay in) and will earn I believe 9 nights and points for 3 rooms max. (I believe this was on thread a while back. Can't find it right now) Not sure about the others.

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the past I have received points for multiple rooms with Priority Club. This was about 3 years ago.

4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although Marriott says you'll only get night credit for the room you personally stay in, the lower-end Marriotts usually credit more than one room, though I don't know about 10. The higher end properties, (Marriott, JW Marriott, Ritz) typically do not.

On the other hand if you are guaranteeing 10 rooms then that will qualify as a group/meeting/event at most hotels and you will earn extra points and/or nights for booking it, so you could come out pretty well.

5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also if you sign up for Starwood preferred planner (and you yourself are not paying for the room) you can get points for other people's hotel stay. My company did something where total stay was about 10k for 30rooms. I got 3k in SPG points.

6. ff.volker

ff.volker Active Member

Status Points:
    I had two rooms in a Hilton on my name over the same time (1st room for 3 nights, 2nd room for 1 night). It counted only as one stay with 3 nights. But I got the points for all rooms (because it was on my name and paid by me).

7. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll have to check on that with Priority Club; was that with IC itself, or general IHG?

8. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    For SPG you can earn stay/nights credits on up to three rooms that you pay for. They will not all count towards the challenge though.

Agree with previous post, you should become a SPG Preferred Planner to earn miles on the entire group. I must have earned 100k points in the past two years that way. You can negotiate a room rate for the group. Put your SPG # on three of the rooms (and pay for them) and if it's during the better by the night promo, you'll earn triple points since the say is three days or more.

9. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    This was IHG. Holiday inn and Holiday Inn Express