multiple page threads

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Kagehitokiri, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    id prefer having pages (2 3 4 etc) always viewable in forum, rather than having to have mouse over where the links are

2. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Status Points:
    seems there has been a change, and now you only have to have mouse within the "lines" of the thread to see pages.

but still doesnt display pages for all threads at same time.

3. _kurt
    Original Member

_kurt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with this-- maybe the links could be visible but almost transparent until you mouse over them? I understand the goal of reducing clutter, and I really like the clean layout. I also think hiding the page links reduces usability. If I know that I want the last page of a thread, I don't know where to aim the mouse until after I enter the thread title.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be nice to mouse over the thread title (on a forum page) and go directly to the page that contains the first unread message. Going back to page one and then clicking on "go to first unread" just seems to waste a download, while going to one of the last three pages seems to risk "losing" (by inadvertently marking it as already read) some intermediate new content.

5. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Status Points:
    for that kind of thing, id prefer it being a personal setting.

im used to starting at the end of threads and working backwards to catch up.