Multiple cities means no Classic option?

Discussion in 'Frontier Airlines | EarlyReturns' started by TRHiker, May 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TRHiker

TRHiker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Several times recently when I have looked into open jaws on F9(.com), I couldn't figure out how to move the flights from Economy to Classic or Classic Plus. At least once I just booked as two One Ways, as the price was about the same. Am I missing some option, etc.? Or can the website just not handle the additional classes?

And if I book in Economy on F9.com or another website like AAA.com, are they reasonable about changing the tics to Classic or Classic Plus by phone (and not charging the phone ticketing fee)?

Thanks.

2. TRHiker

TRHiker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not hearing from others, I experimented and found out. Having given up on F9.com, I made a booking on AAA.com, then called F9 to change from Economy to Classic. No, she could not do that without cancelling the ticket and reissuing, including charges. She was not aware that the website did not permit choosing Classic or Classic Plus with a multi-city trip, but to her credit, she tested it with me on the phone, concurred that it was not possible, and indicated that she would report that as a bug (using some other euphemism). She also confirmed that they were not able to make reservations on other carriers (one leg was UA connecting to F9, and I wanted both on the same ticket to avoid any questions about connecting).

Then I called AAA.com's customer service, who was not aware of Classic/Classic Plus categories on F9. :confused: She indicated that even if I had called directly, she would not have been able to bring it up, as the system only brings up the lowest fare it can find. As I recall, their prior website would have been able to handle a specific class, but I guess using Travelocity's or whoever's travel engine, the options are much more limited. And even if she could have found the classes, it would involve rebooking the entire reservation, for which there would be separate change fees from both F9 and UA. Maybe, she said, one of the agents in a AAA office could find those categories. So I had her cancel the entire reservation (no charge, as I was within the 24 hours).

C'est la vie.