Multiple Citi AA cards?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Jeffrey, Oct 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been searching for a clearer answer on this, but everything I have found in blogs and forums is just old enough for me to not be sure, so I'm looking to see if anyone has recent advice on this question:

19 months ago, I applied for and received the Citi AA Amex and Visa using the two-browser trick. About six months ago, I downgraded the Visa to the fee-free Bronze World Mastercard, and I still have the Amex active (they waived the annual fee again, and I kept it for Small Business Saturday and promos that come around once in a while). Anyway, I'm due for a set of cards right now, and I'd like to add the AA World Mastercard with 50K point signup to that party... but I want to be sure I'll get those points if I do. Also, if I do go with the AA card, I assume I *won't* be able to also do the Citi Hilton Reserve, right? (My preference is in the AA card anyway).

Any tips?
    Thanks!

2. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should be able to get the bonus the Citi AA World Mastercard since it's different product than the AA Amex and AA Visa, but your miles may vary.

The Citi Hilton Reserve is a completely different product from the Citi AA cards so won't affect whether you can apply.

Whether or not you get approved for additional cards with Citi depends on how much credit they are willing to lend you.

jwsky likes this.