multi-segment awards

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by LIH Prem, Jul 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never been able to modify or book a multi-segment award online and now I'm getting "in the ticketing queue" code for changes I've made to the ticket.

Previously, it would just sit there with this notation in the record for days until I called back and found somebody that knew how to get it reissued. What's the deal with this?

Basically the rez agent has to call her help desk and they have to call somebody else to get the ticket issued, or there's another way for them to do it that these agents have no idea how to do it. It's already paid for, I just changed dates and flights, not the routing. Taxes are paid, though there might be a small add/collect or refund due because of the reissue I suppose.

First, why do I just get errors whenever I try to change even simple one-way awards online. Second why do they have problems with the reissue? Eventually I will have to call back and hope I get somebody that knows how to get it reissued.

end of rant. :)

On the positive side, award availability is very good and it's easy to find. You just have to be careful you aren't seeing ghost availability by double checking on ana or ac sites.

-David

2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What route(s) was/were the award ticket(s) for?

Do you have to book via agent? And then all changes have to be done by the agent instead of online?

3. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    currently: hnl - nrt (stopover) - bkk; bkk-nrt-hnl

the agents have had their hands in the record several times.

But even for simple one-way domestic trips, I often can't make changes online. There's no fees for this for 1Ks, so not sure what the problem is. I just get an error basically saying I have to call.

-David

4. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reissue request is sitting in an RPC queue, whatever that means. No idea when they will get to it. Even though there's no fees, no miles or taxes dues, normal agents can't seem to reissue it. They all try to call a help desk, but they can't do it either.

The segments between bkk and nrt are on TG, if that makes a difference. Previously they were on UA.

5. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm having a similar issue with a NRT-PEK award. I don't have any domestic awards right now that I can play with to see if it'll have the same problem.

Could you book a new award and just cancel the old one? Would that be easier?

6. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the space you need is still available, maybe. (if you have enough miles and/or they get redeposited instantly.)

I guess I'm used to the old model where you could make these changes easily and ticket reissue wasn't a problem. Need to learn and adapt to the new method I guess, but there will be cases where I will want to make changes and the saver space is no longer there, so this needs to work better.

-David

7. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    That ticket is still not re-issued. One agent actually said I could wait until March for it to be reissued.
    To me it looks like it's never going to get reissued by itself.

However, I was able to change a simple one-way BOS-OGG tonight, it was BOS-ORD-OGG and I changed it to a better/later departure time, same day BOS-SFO-OGG. It appears that in that case a reissue wasn't needed, or at least that's what I was told. The receipt page still shows the old ticket number and old routing, the reservation page shows the new flights, there's no indication that it needs reticketing on the web site. Does that seem correct?

-David

8. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Then it wasn't reissued properly... If the e-ticket receipt does not match the reservation you're asking for trouble David. I'd call back and find a competent agent to do the re-issue...

You can go into the reservation and request the e-ticket receipt via e-mail and see if that updated the e-ticket receipt. If not then you need to call them.

desamo likes this.
  9. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just checked and the BOS-OGG receipt was updated with the new flights and a new ticket#.

Thanks!
    -David

desamo likes this.