Much improved breakfast US801 Envoy

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by jbcarioca, Mar 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am in CLT now in transit. My flight from GIG just arrived. For the first time in my experience there was food worthy of the name. The menu looks the same, but everything is better.

First, the coffee was very drinkable;
    Second, the scrambled eggs were fluffy and tasty, sprinked with real, fresh chopped green onions
    Third, the potatoes were cooked perfectly and presented nicely;
    Fourth, the no-name non-yogurt has been replaced with genuine Danone with actual chunks of fruit;
    Fifth, the fruit was ripe and fresh (papaya, melon, pineapple, kiwi).
    Sixth, and the hardest for me to believe, the croissant was a croissant and delectable.

There it is folks. It is a rare day when I post something nice about airline food. That for US is the first time ever.

I am in awe. It probably seems like very little for such fuss, but breakfast is the only thing I ever eat on a redeye and I'd like it to be good.

During the last few minutes I reviewed all the posts I have ever made about US. They all contain some version of "but it is half the price, so what can you expect?" This time that phrase is not required.:D

2. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow...and it isn't even April Fools' yet.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on breakfast....let's see if others' US breakfast experiences are similar. I feel that over the past few months, the ugly girl is a pygmalion....she's cleaning up nicely.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although I am PC I had not flown US since last November. Everything from virtually flat seats to the breakfast astonished me. The 767, 21 years old, actually was very clean and in good order. Three cheers for Henry Higgins.

RedM3Pilot likes this.
  4. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Who is Henry Higgins?

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    The hero of George Bernard Shaw's play Pygmalion. he's the one who turned Julie Anrews in the play,Audrey Hepburn in the movie My Fair Lady from a foul-mouthed ugly duckling into the belle of the ball.

RedM3Pilot likes this.
  6. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got it...I know the word but never saw the play nor the movie. :D

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    It certainly is apt for what seems to be happening to US.

RedM3Pilot likes this.
  8. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW the US800 breakfast this morning was really very much the one of old. There was neither grace nor good food. One of the otehr passengers mentioned the catering was good from GIOG but awful from CLT. I suggest that may be true. Oddly the menu was identical, but the preparation most definitely was not.:(