MSY to compete with the big guys, plans new state-of-the-art airport

Discussion in 'MSY | New Orleans International Airport' started by MSYgirl, Jan 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the news tonight was a report about MSY's new airport. The mayor had announced the plans in April, 2013, but reports have been scarce since then.

A confirmation announcement should be released tomorrow. The $826 million price tag is the cost of the new state-of-the-art facility and is set to be built on the North side of the existing airport. Once the shiny new MSY is built, the old airport will be demolished.

This is an exciting change; the existing airport has needed a redo for a long time. Despite terminal expansions and decorating projects, it's simply a small and dismal place for transit. Hopefully the new airport will have lounges and more food choices. No specific dates were given for starting and completing the project, and I'll be keeping an eye out for updates.

gregm and Sammich like this.
  2. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I first looked at this post very quickly I Thought you were announcing that YOU were competing with the big guys. :)

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

Sammich and MSYgirl like this.
  3. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me, competitive? Naaaaaaah. ;)

Sammich likes this.
  4. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's what I thought. Couldn't possible be.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

Sammich and MSYgirl like this.
  5. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Announcement! Interior plans look uninspiring, though, and not much different.

[​IMG]

gregm likes this.