MSP to get Global Entry this summer

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by mersk862, Jan 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mersk862
    Original Member

mersk862 Gold Member

Status Points:
    zshanlon and MSPeconomist like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes indeed. The sooner we get GE the better.

mersk862 likes this.
  3. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    mersk862 likes this.
  4. travelgourmet
    Original Member

travelgourmet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sure, but my incremental happiness from having GE at MSP is far lower than my incremental happiness from having GE at ATL, JFK, etc. I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth, but I never found CBP to be particularly burdensome at MSP, and I'd be shocked if GE shaved more than a couple of minutes off my average arrival time.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with you in general, but DL rescheduled the international arrivals into MSP to be quite close together. If your flight is the last of the bunch, there can be lines even if you're one of the first passengers off the plane. I've also noticed that more flights, the 777 from NRT in particular, are using two jet bridges so that being in BE does not mean that one is first in line for immigration. Someone the GAs tend to open the coach door first or they block the BE door while making deplaning announcements upon arrival. it can be frustrating.....

6. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know this is a bit off topic, but what is standard when GE is offline? I was returning from a intl trip in November and the machines were down in ATL. I asked if I could cut the line and was told no by both Delta Employees and the workers from ATL airport. I couldn't find any ICE workers to ask. I ended up waiting in a 45 min+ line and after getting up to an officer, getting asked why I waited in the line. He said I wasn't supposed to, but I informed him there was no where for me to cut the line.

Has this happened to anyone else?

7. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    The one thing I remember from my GE "interview" (really more of a training than anything) is that we are never to stand at the back of a line (unless it's a short line with only other GE members ahead of us). I seem to recall being told to go to the front of the queue closest to the kiosks and stand next to the person at the front of the line and flash the sticker int he passport.

8. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    In BOS last month, they had us fill out the blue form and gave us head of the line priviledges when the machine went down.

9. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would have done that, but they had the line closest to the kiosks shut down and wouldn't let anyone thru. I would send an email if I knew who to email.