MSP F&B terminal upgrades under construction

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by MSPeconomist, Feb 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Plans to upgrade the F&B offerings in the terminal at MSP have been reported. Last week i saw evidence of the work in progress. There is a lot of plywood around the long haul international gates, G1-G6, resulting in G1-G3 apparently being closed off in a separate area with a long narrow plywood hallway to restrooms. Some long haul international flights seem to be using G7and G8 IIRC, the long narrow gates near the customs offices signs that at one time were used for transborder flights to and from Canada.

A new offering I noticed is a sushi place named something like Shogun almost across from th Minnesota Made store as you walk from G1-G3 toward the F/G SC and the Minnesota crossing area on the way to the exits. It was small and had a counter, looking somewhat Japanese but open to the concourse. When I walked past late in the evening, it was open but had no customers.

chaz4449 and rwoman like this.
  2. dldmfll

dldmfll Member

Status Points:
    If they would just get better signs to get you from one palce to another; if not familiar with MSP, it can be difficult.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree, and the floor plan for MSP can be confusing until you learn your way around. In this case, getting to the main part of the terminal from gates G1-G3 was the same path as always and the smart people on my flight took one look at the plywood hallway to the restrooms and decided to use the next set of them. Personally, I opted for the SC which I had planned anyway. However, if gates G4-G6 are currently in use, which I suspect is not the case, I don't know how people would walk to and from them.

I also don't know where DL can park the big TATL and TPAC aircraft for departures. Arrivals should be OK, with jetways leading to passages directly to passport control and customs. Normally there are several big birds parked around the affected gates simultaneously for several hours every day.

4. twoner3232

twoner3232 Silver Member

Status Points:
    it is a mess....

MSPeconomist likes this.