Mr. Rebates and issue resolved

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by TravelerRob, Jun 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Hi all,
    I meant to post this last week but have been bouncing back & forth all over the country and never had a chance to sit down and type this out. Tonight I arrive in TPA after booking a hotel room again this morning before getting on the plane and running into the same issue I discovered last week.

I'm a user of (same as Fat Wallet, Ebates, etc.). I've been using them for years. Two weeks ago I noticed that when I would go to via MrRebates and search for a hotel only Marriott properties would come up (no Fairfield, Courtyard, Renaissance, etc.). Thinking that all of those properties were sold out in the cities I was having to travel to I did a search in a new web browser without going to MrRebates first and suddenly all of the properties showed availability. I was perplexed.

I noticed that this change happened around the same time as changed. So this morning I had five minutes to do a little research and I noticed that on the bottom-right of the search results page was a checkbox next to "Marriott Hotels & Resorts" under Brands. If I unchecked this box and searched again it opened up the results for all Marriott-sub properties.

You may have noticed this issue yourself. That's how you fix it. I'm assuming I'll still get credit through MrRebates for the stays even if I book a Fairfield, etc.

Happy travels.